PDA

View Full Version : Reason for Contact Service - PPM Checksums Test Failed!

mobilerocks
29-10-2002, 03:08 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to solve my 6150 with various methods but still I'am getting same problem again and again. I have Nokia 6150 (NSM-1) 4.13 E DSP Rom - 4 and I'am trying to upgrade it to 5.23 C DSP Rom - 4. I have original flash file of 6150 downloaded from Gengharenga site. Before flashing i had checked All CRC's and checksums and uploaded the flash file to phone and then it work succesfully.

Now the problem is when i change all 35 ringtones to my fav 35 ringtones (Using PPMEdit 1.0a) + added 2 character Blinking & Line Feed (Using PPMManager Beta 0.91) + changed only one Text Chuck from Call Register to Calls Info (Using PPMManager Beta 0.91). After making all these changes i did All CRC's and correct Checksums before flashing. Now after uploading the flash file to phone it Shows " Contact Service " so I used this software Eeprom Tools 3.1 and clicked on Test and then i got this error " Reason for Contact Service - PPM Checksums Test Failed! - Please repair the phone first. "

I also tried using various other softwares and tried different methods like using chkfixer and chkkiller but none of the softwares were anyhelp to me :(

If any experts wants me to upload the file on this Forum or any person in particular I will do it instantly OR can someone give me suitable solution for this kind of problem ?

Similar problems i faced in my 6110 and 5110 phones as well. In this case i did not change anything, just uploaded the file and still i get PPM Checksums failed.

sam22
30-10-2002, 05:55 AM
Try to use chkfixer. it works for me.:)

before, i alway get contact service when changing font. i use

ppmmanager to calc PPM checksum. but it's always contact

service. :(

but now i've change font, added ringtones, slide

show, and some grafix changed.:) :) :)

mobilerocks
30-10-2002, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by sam22
Try to use chkfixer. it works for me.:)

before, i alway get contact service when changing font. i use

ppmmanager to calc PPM checksum. but it's always contact

service. :(

but now i've change font, added ringtones, slide

show, and some grafix changed.:) :) :)

hello

i tried all the options mate, but still no luck :( any other solutions guys ?

marcuz
09-11-2002, 05:26 PM
dude, does chkfixer work for 5100 also? i always get contact service when i edit my 5100 fls. thanks