PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6630 Lock Code

omfg!
21-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Hey guys,

I got a 6630 on a Orange (UK) last november and about January I changed the Pay As You Go sim card to another Orange PAYG sim. Great, no problems, it all worked fine.

Now the other day I got another Orange PAYG sim to take part in the 300 free texts offer and when I turned my phone off and then put the new sim it it says 'Lock code:' which I have never used before.

I tried the defaults (00000, 11111 & 12345) all of which didn't work. I tried putting my previous Orange PAYG sim in and it still wanted the Lock code. As far as I'm aware I have never put a lock code on my phone...

After speaking to Orange they said it wasn't a sim problem but a phone problem, so I spoke to Nokia and they said it was a sim problem. I went back and forth and eventually got told that it WAS a phone problem and as the default codes don't work I would have to get a Nokia engineer to look at it. I

I phoned my local Nokia engineer and he's trying to charge me 25 pounds!

I just want to know if there is a way of using my Nokia Phone cable (DKU-5 is it?) which connects to my pooter, to unlock it or override the unlock code? Or is there a master code of some sort?! Orrrr even some sort of flash software? (I've done my research :P ) PLEASE!

Any help it would be much appreciated!

J.

electrophoretic
22-07-2006, 07:11 AM
Hi J,

The only real way to change the lock code back to default is to flash the phone, your Nokia Engineer is trying to charge you because its an Out of Warranty problem, and £25 sounds about right!

there is no code calc for BB5 phones so your kinda stuck a little!!

G