PDA

View Full Version : Reflash your BB5 at home.

Zandis
15-08-2006, 03:02 AM
Hello guys.
I've didn't find any topic about this stuff and will post it here.
I belive there is ENG version too. Anyways. I belive here is lot of russian guys. Here is manual (RUS): How to reflash your BB5 at home (http://smart60.ru/1152693248/kak_pereproshit_smartfon_v_domashnih_usloviyah.html)

Yes, and BTW, reflashing WILL NOT unlock your BB5 ;)

mayhempl
07-09-2006, 04:41 PM
If u have installed PC suite then uninstall every thing also the cable driver.

Warning:
Before installation don’t connect the phone to the cable..!!! AND remove the Memory card from the mobile. Keep your mobile in normal mode that means don’t remove the SIM card. Keep your mobile in Standby Mode.

1) install Diego. Dont restart the pc after install.

2) open crack.exe but dont install it yet.

3) run phoenix_service_sw_2004_39_7_70.exe

4) you will get msg that you cant continue the installation without nokia dongle.. press retry and immediately press install at the crack program.. setup will continue if you successfully do the crack at the time..

5) when setup continues, you will get some boxes written continue anyway. dont worry, press continue any way. setup will complete and if it asks you to restart, then restart. the pC. After restart the pc will install some files while you get those DESKey error two times, dont worry.. press ok.after completing the installation u will be loged in windows.

6) run Nokia_conn_cable_driver_159_ita.msi wait until its complete..

7) when setup finished, connect your phone through CA-53 or DKU-2 cable.. and wait until its finish install the phone's driver.. it will tell you that 'the device is installed and ready to use.'

8) then, open phoenix 2004 and minimised it.
If it shows an error like "Nokia dongle not found" than it will not work, u have to unstall erevy thing and reinstall it from frist step.

=====remember to uninstall all the drivers such as dku-5 and others and all the phoenix stuffs like flash update including diego... remove all files related to this via add and remove program.. and clean the registry by tuneup utilities (1-click maintenance)====

9) run phoenix_servise_sw_2006_12_5_136.exe while your phone is connected to the cable. and wait for the dialog "Cannot install Nokia cable driver" there will be three option " About / Retry / Ignore". Click on Ignore. The installation will start. When the installation is finished, It will tells you to restart or not, press restart later.

10) Now maximize the phoenix back and close it..

11) Launch the phoenix back and press help to check the version. You will have the phoenix service 2006...

12) Now close the program Phoenix. Disconnect the cable from the mobile and connect it again.. wait for a while if everything going alright the advice "Your new hardware is installed and ready for usage" (or something like that) are displayed

It may or may not again install some files while you get those DESKey error two times, don’t worry.. press ok. (When I was doing it installs some files)

Now Install firmware !!

13) open the phoenix 2006 software: in the Phoenix select:
File > manage connections > new > select the USB tab > next > next > manual setup > USB > apply > close
(You will see that the phone is connected in bottom right corner USB)

14) Click on File> Scan product

15) If you want, you can make a backup, select:
Product>user settings>all settings>backup
If you make a backup you can restore it with the Restore function. 

16) Now the Flashing process, select:
Flashing > SW update
Wait for a while bcoz at that time it try to communicate with mobile.

17) Now U can see that there is box called OPERATING MODE. Select Normal from the box.
Browse for image file and PPM file according to your telephone model

18) Click start, and let the program works it will take 5 min to flash and make it update. At this time don’t ever touch the mobile, it will turn off automatically. Don’t worry at this moment it will do update.

19) When it finished polling, disconnect the cable and restart your telephone

BTW
Can I post here links for software?

cscsa
20-09-2006, 05:42 AM
wheres the link for the softwares?

electrophoretic
20-09-2006, 05:49 AM
Hi Guys,

Please dont post cracked versions of ANY software here... I dont want Nokia closing this forum because someone posted a cracked version of Phoenix!!

Thanks

G

kok123
29-09-2006, 10:15 AM
i have heard of it many times..
where can i get this files..
if someone have pls email to me..
[email protected]
tx a million

asmola
27-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Why reflash your phone with cracked or hacked programs when u can download a program from nokias site, and all you need is a cable and a bb5 phone and it will flash the phone.
it works i did it 5 minutes ago and now i have the latest firmware on my phone...
yay...
the program is called NokiaSoftwareUpdaterSetup_en.exe and could be found on the nokia support site.

andykn
10-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Why reflash your phone with cracked or hacked programs when u can download a program from nokias site, and all you need is a cable and a bb5 phone and it will flash the phone.
it works i did it 5 minutes ago and now i have the latest firmware on my phone...
yay...
the program is called NokiaSoftwareUpdaterSetup_en.exe and could be found on the nokia support site.

because those of us with vodafone handsets are still on v3 and will be for some time otherwise.

liteFun
09-02-2007, 10:07 PM
because those of us with vodafone handsets are still on v3 and will be for some time otherwise.

I know this is too late, all other people have forgotten this thread...

You can update branded phones too, even if NSU says there is no updates.
Check out your product code under battery, and search from internet what product code should be in plain phone that is not branded. You will find different code.

Ok. Install Nemesis service suite (you will find it on internet), and then use it to change product code.
Then start NSU and you will see new update. Well, what next? Just update it.