PDA

View Full Version : bb5 unlocking research

naigh
22-08-2006, 07:07 PM
i. today i flashed my phone a nokia 6630 but the sim lock restriction still there.....but is strange because the sim lock restriction should be on the firmware.... :o ....so i´m trying to understand why they still there....please post any ideias .thanks

darx
23-08-2006, 08:52 AM
i. today i flashed my phone a nokia 6630 but the sim lock restriction still there.....but is strange because the sim lock restriction should be on the firmware.... :o ....so i´m trying to understand why they still there....please post any ideias .thanks

thats because flashing the phone infact any phone will not remove the sim locks. just 3 seconds of research and you would have come to this conclussion.

flashing a phone has nothing what so ever to do with removing soim locks

bigikki
04-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Not entirely true cos before the dct4 calculators exploded on the scene the only way to unlock em was thru flashing certain areas on the fones software. Obviously this is/may not be true with bb5 fones.

darx
05-09-2006, 08:44 AM
Not entirely true cos before the dct4 calculators exploded on the scene the only way to unlock em was thru flashing certain areas on the fones software. Obviously this is/may not be true with bb5 fones.

wrong again.

domux_1
11-09-2006, 09:52 AM
hello to everyone who's trying to unlock the bb5 phones. IT'S ABSOLUTELY IMPOSIBLE, THAT'S NEWEST TECHNOLOGY FROM NOKIA CORPORATION FOR THOSE WHO WILL TRY TO UNLOCK THEM!!! IT'S IMPOSIBLE, JUST FORGET IT!!

danwood76
13-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Do NOT use abusive language on these forums!

I have edited your post so it conforms more with the rules on here!

equaliser
30-09-2006, 07:12 AM
Such a defeatest attitude nothing is impossible it is merely software created by humans it can be broken and will, it is just difficult.

zardoz99
05-10-2006, 03:47 PM
That's not entirely true either.. It is perfectly possible to design a oneway function in software that cannot be reversed except by brute force and a very long time. That is the whole point of public key cryptography.
For example:
extremely_big_prime_number * extremely_big_prime_number = veryvery_big_result.
Easy isn't it. Now you try working out the values in reverse.
i
veryvery_big_number = ? * ? Fill in the ?'s Watch Hell freeze over first...

Oh, by the way, you have to get the CORRECT values of ?, or you can't decode the message.

Z.

toddbuchanan
24-12-2006, 02:56 PM
hi a guy at my local market has managed to find a way to get the codes for these handsets but he is charging 50GBP and it still takes 5-7 days to get the code this guy works at the market in boscombe bournemouth u.k

Frozenice
25-12-2006, 10:11 AM
unlocking bb5 phones always possilble , the only thing here is to study . .one way or another . dejan got it.. calculation of codes a test piont to give some special powers on certain areas then calculate codes for sim lock data algorithmmm . . its just like normal unlocking phones.. the question is where is the test point . how does he manage the codes the algo for calculation . . well.. if there wuld be 4-5 gsm programmers who will gonna travel all the way just to find it how, count me one . whos next ?

ym me [email protected]

--

shared ideas . .

wings
26-12-2006, 01:51 AM
just 3 seconds of research and you would have come to this conclussion.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

darx
27-12-2006, 11:33 AM
unlocking bb5 phones always possilble , the only thing here is to study . .one way or another . dejan got it.. calculation of codes a test piont to give some special powers on certain areas then calculate codes for sim lock data algorithmmm . . its just like normal unlocking phones.. the question is where is the test point . how does he manage the codes the algo for calculation . . well.. if there wuld be 4-5 gsm programmers who will gonna travel all the way just to find it how, count me one . whos next ?

ym me [email protected]

--

shared ideas . .

dejan has access to technology and resorses that you do not. that is how he created the method he uses. and because of this he is still refusing to allow any other party access to this solution, but hey thats his decision thats how he makes his money. for now the only way to unlock any bb5 phone is via you'r network provider just accept it.

if you think you'e even 1 tenth as tallented as dejan then good luck to you you will be very wealthy soon. otherwise shut up with you'r bitching. if you can create a solution then as a well known sport brand says.
JUST DO IT.

darx
27-12-2006, 11:38 AM
hi a guy at my local market has managed to find a way to get the codes for these handsets but he is charging 50GBP and it still takes 5-7 days to get the code this guy works at the market in boscombe bournemouth u.k

dude i would rather cut off my balls with a rusty bread knife than pay some fool 50 quid to get codes from a guy on a market stall. how do you think he gets them he has either friends or family who work for 3. hell it is now cheaper to just call 3 you'r self and buy a code from them directely.
if this nugget is getting custom via his 50 quid for codes service good luck to him and again as a well known tv personallity once said
i pitty da fool

lol lol

Frozenice
02-01-2007, 10:06 AM
@darx

okay, new assumptions:
-dejan can unlock phones with jtag interface; it's a real unlocking solution without patching any firmware, removing checksum checks or certifications but by finding out the correct key to enter into the phone
-SX-5 + winlock5 can calculate unlock codes

conclusions:
-algorithm exists, but not extractable since the phone itself does not know about it
-algorithm is unlikely to be ever cracked - smartcards are quite secure
-private key (for the certificate) doesn't need to be the same for every phone, probably its not a or the Nokia private key but a phone private key for every phone unique

so the unlocking solution is quite simple:

1) attache phone's rap3g to jtag
2) enter a wrong code
3) analyse captured real time processor instructions and retrive code
4) enter correct code

problem solved.

Jwpara
04-01-2007, 08:40 AM
so the unlocking solution is quite simple:

1) attache phone's rap3g to jtag
2) enter a wrong code
3) analyse captured real time processor instructions and retrive code
4) enter correct code

problem solved.

Actually is long way.

badger
18-01-2007, 07:48 PM
I have the IMEI of my old N70 + the unlock code Vodafone gave me if this is any help someone trying to crack the algorithm. Let me know [email protected]

yvonn3my
14-02-2007, 11:21 PM
hi guys
there is someone that claim
they have the hardware to unlock BB5 phones
don't know whether is true or not

http://www.bb5unlocker.be/features.html

but the suspicious thing is
why if they earn the money
why they still have to close the production ???

Calamaris
21-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Hi Every One,

Can any one help unlock the Nokia 5300 ?? I have 100 units locked and need to unlock them. Please help, we are ready to pay for unlocking those phones.

Please contact me if interested. [email protected]

Calamaris

blackwolf511
16-04-2007, 04:00 PM
you 're wrong!try the nokia phoenix service software.i've unlocked my nokia 6680 on 3 operator

andykn
28-04-2007, 05:13 PM
you 're wrong!try the nokia phoenix service software.i've unlocked my nokia 6680 on 3 operator

Are you sure? It was probably already unlocked. What did you do? It seems to be generally accepted that flashing won't remove the simlock, even with generic firmware.

It is, of course, possible to unlock a BB5 phone. Ring the operator to whom the phone is locked.

If its Vodafone and you're on PAYG, tell them its over a year old and its free.

The market chappie probably sends them to the mythical Dejan who does appear to have an unlocking solutiion.

klimite
17-05-2007, 04:44 PM
If its Vodafone and you're on PAYG, tell them its over a year old and its free.

Seriously??
ace, i think i shall try that, only thing is they don't take 17/18 year olds very seriously.

I bought originally a vrx (moto) (paid like £7 for unlocking) had it for a day, HATED IT, it was crap so i returned it, paid some extra and got a 6280, then they unlocked it for free, the handset became faulty and it got sent for repair. came back was still faulty so i had it replaced.

Should they not unlock the new handset for free? its been 7 months ish since my first nokia was unlocked via vodafone aswell so as far as im aware they have been able too unlock for a long time, yet i've heard from other persons/ reseller outlets that they cannot unlock them?

also i swapped the vrx for the 6280 on the 12/10/06.

Forhike
20-05-2007, 07:36 AM
bb5 logger and calculator is already posted on dejans hompeage for free, just download and unlock byt only suport some rap3g versions, 2.10 to 2,20 i think i was

andykn
05-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Seriously??
ace, i think i shall try that, only thing is they don't take 17/18 year olds very seriously.

I bought originally a vrx (moto) (paid like £7 for unlocking) had it for a day, HATED IT, it was crap so i returned it, paid some extra and got a 6280, then they unlocked it for free, the handset became faulty and it got sent for repair. came back was still faulty so i had it replaced.

Should they not unlock the new handset for free? its been 7 months ish since my first nokia was unlocked via vodafone aswell so as far as im aware they have been able too unlock for a long time, yet i've heard from other persons/ reseller outlets that they cannot unlock them?

also i swapped the vrx for the 6280 on the 12/10/06.

All operators can unlock their own phones. There have been stories that Nokia take time releasing the software when a new model comes out but they can all do it after a while. They do all have different rules, though. T-Mobile UK won't do it for the first three months of a contract.

But I've had an N70 and an N80 unlocked for free by Vodafone by telling them it was over a year old when I rang. I was on Vodafone PAYG at the time, which helps.

If you don't have a current Vodafone SIM, you can just get one for very little if you ring them.

With Orange, they charge 20 pounds, just get a SIM, stick jusy over 20 quid on it and away you go.

aussie56
17-06-2007, 01:03 PM
http://www.bb5unlocker.be/resellers.html