PDA

View Full Version : Searching info about Philips Savvy LCD

kraze1984
15-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Hello all!

I'm building a board for displaying useful info about the state of my desktop PC (i.e. temperature, rpm, etc.). The program i plan to use to output info is LCD smartie.

I've got a working LCD from my old broken Philips Savvy that i want to use on the board.

However, searching on the net i didn't find no datasheet for it, neither manufacturer no model of this LCD.

Any help would be apreciated :)

kraze1984
15-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Well, acording to level 2 Service manual for the cellphone, the part's name should be LCD AD 47306 or AD47306. The search on NXP's website (ex Philips Semiconductor) gives no info about such part.

Maybe it's the name of the assembly (LCD + controller) which was made for mobile phones. In that case how can i find the name of the controller in it to search for datasheet?

The LCD itself is of segment-matrix type.
On top there's a string for symbols, i.e. charging, network
On the left there's a zone of 18x18 dots (not sure) and on the right there are 2 strings 11 matrix each for letters.

Brez
16-11-2006, 11:02 PM
WOW! You must be a glutton for punishment:D
I can send you a desktop program that does all that without the hassle.

Well, acording to level 2 Service manual for the cellphone, the part's name should be LCD AD 47306 or AD47306. The search on NXP's website (ex Philips Semiconductor) gives no info about such part.
REASON>>
Company A Manufactures the LCD,
Company B is probably the distributor,
Company C Assembles the phone,
And theres a 4th one printing the Manual.
The Number you mention above is more than likely a distributors reference.

On the left there's a zone of 18x18 dots (not sure) and on the right there are 2 strings 11 matrix each for letters.

These markings are the Manufacturers symbols so they can pinpoint the batch they originate from.

BREZ

kraze1984
24-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Well, seems that i had an aftermarket display :) The original one had the name printed on the backside, from which it is clear that the display model is LPH7533-3.
According to marking, and to other signs, its a Philips LPH7533 display.

Again, the guys from NXP said, that they didn't have access to displays database (or they don't want to :) )
And they cannot say what lcd driver is in it :(

Well, seems that i'd better change it to a display that is more documented, i.e. Nokia 3210 or 3310

Kassikakk
20-12-2007, 10:03 AM
I would like to pick up this old thread again, for I have some news. I had two of these LPH7533 LCDs lying around and I did quite some research trying to figure out some information. I think I managed quite well. I did some documentation, too, and I'll attach here what I found out. Hopefully somebody will find it useful. Besides the pinout, driver, addressing etc. info, some more practical stuff is included, like a small test program with source code, the device file for Eagle and a test pcb template.

If somebody knows a website where else this information should be included so that more interested people could find it (and is more or less in a position to hang it up there), can also let know. Then we'll see how to do it.

kraze1984
20-12-2007, 02:36 PM
i can only say - WOW.

And my best congratulations for the reversing work.

I can suggest to share the information on:

LCDHype program board (maybe you would like to write a driver :P )http://lcdhype.de/index.php?showforum=17

serdisplib project:
http://serdisplib.sourceforge.net

klabautermann
26-08-2008, 07:50 PM
I would like to pick up this old thread again, for I have some news. I had two of these LPH7533 LCDs lying around and I did quite some research trying to figure out some information. I think I managed quite well. I did some documentation, too, and I'll attach here what I found out. Hopefully somebody will find it useful. Besides the pinout, driver, addressing etc. info, some more practical stuff is included, like a small test program with source code, the device file for Eagle and a test pcb template.

If somebody knows a website where else this information should be included so that more interested people could find it (and is more or less in a position to hang it up there), can also let know. Then we'll see how to do it.

I'm very interested in your documents but I cannot get the attachment. Please be so kind to attach it again.

Thanks!

kraze1984
27-08-2008, 02:31 PM
I had it downloaded somewhere...

klabautermann
02-09-2008, 12:08 PM
I had it downloaded somewhere...

Do you still have those documents? Can you send them by personal mail or upload them to rapishare or similar?

Thank you in advance!

klabautermann

kraze1984
02-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Here it is:
Rapidshare link (http://rapidshare.com/files/142170254/LPH7533.zip.html)

I would be glad if this will be useful for somebody :)
What do you plan to do with it, if it is not a secret?

klabautermann
03-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Here it is:
Rapidshare link (http://rapidshare.com/files/142170254/LPH7533.zip.html)

I would be glad if this will be useful for somebody :)
What do you plan to do with it, if it is not a secret?

Thank you very much!

I own a small USB-IO-Expansion card named "octopus". It has a I²C bus and I want to use the Philips display for my experiments with it.

klabautermann