PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 7370 - Doing my Head IN!

the_devils_dj
06-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi there. In not really new to all this but i havnt been doing anything like this for a long time. I used to work and manage a mobile repair shop so its kind of embarrassing to have to ask in a forum. :P (dont take offence to that)

Anyway the situation is as follows.

I left Australia and handed in my Nokia 7370 to nokia becasue i had only had it a week and already i was experening software issues (freezing, call cut offs ect, ect) But i left Oz and am curently travelling and my phone was sent over to the UK where i am now.

I gave the phone to my misses :mad: and now shes having the same problem, the only thing now is that she has activated the phone security option and forgoten the security code. Only her sim works (which is pretty obvious) and having searching in you forums i have tried the master security code and also found out that this particualr handset is a BB5 (great) :confused:

So what im asking is if i was to flash the handset and upgarde the current firmware, will that reset the security code? :confused:

If so what is the best program to flash the handset with? :-?

Thanks to the forum, i have also found other information regarding nokia's own program (NokiaSoftwareUpdaterSetup_en.exe) but have not used it yet as i just recieved my data cable this morning.

I hope i have giving enoguh information for you guys thanks agian!

pico
07-12-2006, 12:01 PM
flashing will not reset the code, but you can use some third party box to reset it. take it to a local phone store and pay £10 to fix that.

the_devils_dj
07-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Thanks pico,

i shall try that.

electrophoretic
08-12-2006, 12:24 AM
can anyone confirm this for me as I havent yet used the Nokia updater thing...

does it or does it not reset the user lock (SECURITY CODE)?

G

pico
08-12-2006, 12:58 PM
did u never flash a phone in the past?

never once did it reset security code...

the_devils_dj
08-12-2006, 01:04 PM
No.

I never flashed the phone before myself but i had giving it back in to nokia and there service centre back in oz.

When i received the phone it was lock free but somehow someone has set it on my g/f sim.

Skater-Chris
13-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Does the phone ask for a code when it boots up? If it does its your girlfriends sim card that has the setting to ask for the pin number. Have you tried a different sim in the phone? You would need to reset the sim card using a sim reader or sumthing.

I hope this helps in some way.

Chris.

the_devils_dj
14-12-2006, 10:18 AM
The Phone only asks for the security code when another sim card is entered.

Im sure flashing the phone would fix this problem im just wondering what software would allow me to flash this phone?:-?

Could some1 help me here? what program can i DL that will allow me to flash t his phone?:confused:

Thanking you in advance! :)