PDA

View Full Version : A Legal Unblock?

thedeester1
04-02-2007, 12:23 AM
I was recently given this phone which was water (actually wine damaged) by a M8....Ive managed to repair the phone so it works and gets a signal but it is blocked. I knew it was blocked when i was given it. I was originaly going to use the screen for a damaged phone from e-bay. my M8 claimed on the insurance and they told him they would block it when they provided a replacement...I know unblocking is illegal and im not looking for legal trouble...I do know however i could get all the legal proof of purchase i need for this phone....Is there any way to get it unblocked now its fixed???

Oh forget to mention its a d600 thats why this forum

electrophoretic
04-02-2007, 01:14 AM
in the UK to get a replacement phone from your insurance, you must provide a "Crime Number" from the Police... to get this you must report the phone as stolen, so in effect, if you had to go forward with the phone and the Proof of Purchase, you would get done for theft, and your mate would get done for fraud...

and if you change the IMEI to unblock it, you will get the jail for theft AND for changing the IMEI!!

no win, sell it on eBay, it can be used abroad...

G

thedeester1
05-02-2007, 01:59 AM
My mate said he got a replacement for damage.....I think ill just bin the damn thing I aint goint to jail for 1 D600. Gave it to me for free anyway.

darx
05-02-2007, 02:01 PM
even though it was replaced for damage the insurance company had to write the phone off, so it had to be blocked as a matter of course.
there is no legal way to unblock it.