PDA

View Full Version : To unlock from the orange network.

CDT
12-02-2007, 01:35 AM
I found this sight hoping to unlock from the orange network, but before I can start a few things I think you suould know.
My friend gave me his old phone, but as you can see its locked to the above network and as he cannot find any receipts for the phone it basiclly useless.
I cant use the online calculator because.
I dont know what the model number,and I cant get access to the IMEI number.
Can someone help so I can get to use this thing.
CDT
:-?

93tid
12-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Assuming it is a Nokia phone, if you switch it on and enter *#0000# you should get on the screen a lot of information starting with the model number, then software version, etc., stuff which you don't need to bother with right now. Entering *#06# in the same way will give you the IMEI number - if you cannot be bothered to take out the battery and read it off the sticker underneath.

Of course, you could have found all this information in many threads on the site if you had bothered to do a search.

Good luck.

DeadBwoy
12-02-2007, 04:31 PM
New here so I will do a search. This post is just a plan B. I have the above model ( NOKIA 6102i) locked to Cingular in the good old USA. So far this site informs me that it's a DTC 4 phone. Have no idea what the GEN (I'm guessing GENeration) is.
I want to unlock it. Any help in this venture is accepted. An mi mean ANY. Tanks for your time a Jah bless.

CDT
13-02-2007, 06:12 AM
Sorry, yes it is a Nokia 6225 which I found using your code, But for some reason or another *#06# simply doesn’t supply me with the 15 digit number. After I took the battery out I found other numbers with letters in them but not the IMEI number.
No luck

93tid
13-02-2007, 12:56 PM
New here so I will do a search. This post is just a plan B. I have the above model ( NOKIA 6102i) locked to Cingular in the good old USA. So far this site informs me that it's a DTC 4 phone. Have no idea what the GEN (I'm guessing GENeration) is.
I want to unlock it. Any help in this venture is accepted. An mi mean ANY. Tanks for your time a Jah bless.

Check out this thread:

http://nokiafree.org/forums/t81500/s.html

And please do not hijack other people's threads.

93tid
13-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Sorry, yes it is a Nokia 6225 which I found using your code, But for some reason or another *#06# simply doesn’t supply me with the 15 digit number. After I took the battery out I found other numbers with letters in them but not the IMEI number.
No luck

What happens when you enter *#06# ?

And the IMEI must be inside your phone, possibly as a long line of numbers split with "/" in a couple of places. If you can type out all you see under the battery might be able to help you identify the IMEI.

etowah
13-02-2007, 02:31 PM
No luck

has the number, on the lable got ESN followed by numbers ?

CDT
14-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Yes it does have an ESN, 3 numbers followed by a / then 8 more numbers.
It also has ESN-Hex, followed by a series of 8 combined numbers and letters.
There is also CODE:and 13 combined numbers and letters.

etowah
14-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Yes it does have an ESN, 3 numbers followed by a / then 8 more numbers.
It also has ESN-Hex, followed by a series of 8 combined numbers and letters.
There is also CODE:and 13 combined numbers and letters.

Sorry to say the phone is a CDMA type phone, not GSM it is not possible to unlock with codes.

CDT
15-02-2007, 01:50 AM
Sorry to say the phone is a CDMA type phone, not GSM it is not possible to unlock with codes.

Thanks for all your help; I guess the only good it is now is to bin it.
After I remove the battery, for environmental purposes, of course.