PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys, Tracking Systems

mattdove_uk
12-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Hi guys, has been a long time since I came on but hope I am welcome back!!

I need some info that I am hoping one of you will know.

The company that I work for wants me to start selling vehicle tracking systems with associated sims obviously. They also want me to have one in my car for demo purposes. This is not a problem, but I am reluctant for the company to collect information on me outside of office hours. To this end I would like to know if any of you have experience on these devices and the ability to turn then off.

I would imagine that they are run through the same fuse system as the radio, and/or car kit, and by removing the fuse this will disable the tracker. If any of you are a bit more technical than myself then I would greatly appreciate any information which you can give me on this subject.

Cheers Guys
mattdove_uk

electrophoretic
13-03-2007, 12:06 AM
I have no idea about these systems, but it seems to me that they are designed to be more robust and tamperproof than a car radio... I think that taking out a fuse WONT disable the system as it would have a battery backup from somewhere else, it would make sense...

If they are asking you to have one fitted in YOUR own car then you should have the option of being able to disable it when you are out of hours...

G

NokDoc
13-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Hi,

I would like such challenges.

I think when U put some aluminium kitchen foil around the device, or at least the the antenna part, U're done.

'cage of Faraday', that's how we keep the radiation from our microwaves inside too.

NokDoc

bobski
15-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Hi,

I would like such challenges.

I think when U put some aluminium kitchen foil around the device, or at least the the antenna part, U're done.

'cage of Faraday', that's how we keep the radiation from our microwaves inside too.

NokDoc

The man is correct. Good old faraday cage.