where is it exactly but i do think it is in the eeprome ( in may be

on mcu or ppm ) but i think games storage on eeprome

---------------

well that for today i still have more thing to talk about

just need some help

Greetings from Egypt

0x4E6F6B6961
02-11-2002, 11:40 AM
hi, the eeprom doesnt contain any actual programming, it is kind of like the PPM. eeprom (Electronically Erasable Programable Read Only Memory) is where the phone itself stores things it needs, kind of like ram (it is a cross between ppm and ram because the phone can write to it but it is only needed when the mcu calls some data from it).
things in the eeprom are game scores, phone book memory, wap bookmarks/settings, any other user set variables (such as caller ID, auto redial on/off, etc etc). really this data is actually in the pmm (post memory management), this is just a section of the eeprom and they can be considered as the same thing :) other info in the eeprom are sim lock data, imei data, security code data :) Nokia put this in the eeprom as it is different for each phone produced so building in mcu/ppm (which is common to many phones) would mean every mcu/ppm written would need to be different!
so eeprom just stores data, usually a one or a zero to say if you have selected an option or not but also hex/ascii data for names/numbers and things. the mcu calls data from these locations when needed:) btw, eeprom data can be edited with m bus cable directly, try pc locals or any m bus unlock program as these all work by reading/writing the eeprom directly :)