PDA

View Full Version : BB5 Code Calculator works for N70. Please read on.

f2o
15-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Hi,

Sorry to see you guys removing BB5 Code Calculator links and files from your forums.

I investigated www for the unlocking issue of N70 for about 5 days and visited a lot of forums and bogus sites. Your pages are one of the best, but you are removing files because some o'you think that they are all fake. Fortunately, this is not true.

The main issue about BB5 Code Calculator is that after you enter the necessary codes, you got "Not Allowed" message on your phone. That's why most people think that software does not work and they usually give up (and some dare to say "impossible to unlock N70"!). You are wrong. Nothing is impossible. If providers can do it, you can do it too: we are all clever blokes here ;)

"Not allowed" message is a security redirection originally embedded to the system by the provider, it is a bluff :) Here is what you have to do after downloading the software ( you can find a good working virus-free version from <Removed> ) :

Before you begin the process above, just turn off your N70 and remove the battery and the SIM. You don't have to wait one hour, just put the battery back in and turn the phone on without any SIM inside. Your phone will work offline and you don't have to be online to unlock your phone.

Run BB5 Code Calculator and follow these steps:

1- Enter your IMEI (if you don't know your phone's serial no, just type *#06# on your phone)
2- Choose your provider (Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin, Orange, etc)
3- Push "Calculate"
4- You will be given 3 different codes (ended with +1, +2 and +3). You have to enter all of these codes into the phone. Each time you will get "Not Allowed" message, just don't mind these and go ahead, enter all 3 codes (To get the letter "p", push your * key 3 times / to get the letter "w", push your * key 4 times)
5- Turn off the phone.
6- Remove the battery and put the new card in (it may be any SIM card)
7- Turn on the phone
8- You should be able to see your network name on the top of the screen.. Your phone is unlocked.

I have tried this with 2 Nokia N70 phones that I fetched from Ebay UK. Both phones have the same firmware version ( v 2.0537.1.7 / 18-09-05 / RM-84 ) and one of them was on Vodafone and the other was on T-Mobile. They are SIM free now.

SOME NOTES:
-> Just enter the generated codes (all 3 codes) and power off your phone. Under no circumstances, DO NOT ENTER CODES MORE THAN 5 TIMES! Or you will need professional help! This means 20-30 quid, which you will never see again.
-> You can check your firmware by entering *#0000# . If it starts with "v 2.05..", the procedure above 100% works with your N70.
-> If you tried this with other Nokia BB5 models, please let people know by posting here inc. model name and firmware version. Do not post your IMEI numbers!
-> DO NOT BUY ANY UNLOCK CODES FROM EBAY, ESPECIALLY FOR NOKIA PHONES! The codes or the tools which are used to generate these codes are mostly available free. Just Google for it ..
-> Unlocking your N70 is TOTALLY LEGAL!!! Even if you have a contract with the provider. They just hold you ransom.

Good Luck!

cell_saver
16-04-2007, 06:34 AM
Hey mate! Have you tried this solution on your own? How many N70 have you been unlock with this solution?

darx
16-04-2007, 12:48 PM
ok ordinarrilly i would be the first person in a long line to call you a arse and demand the link to this crap deleted but this time i decided i'd give it a go and see what happens.

now i have tested this so called code calculator on 3 phones that i had laying around that are only used for testing purposes etc.
1 6680
2 n70
3 6630

now i tried the method you mentioned on all the above phones and low and behold to my utter surprise i discovered this software is complete shite. IT DOES NOT WORK.

ok like i have said here many times before no such thing as a code calculator exists for BB5 models even the network providers need more information than model number imei number and network to generate their codes.

if you want to fuck you'r phone up and hardlock it then please do use this software otherwise just leave it be its fake.

blackwolf511
16-04-2007, 03:33 PM
i'll try it

f2o
16-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi, calling me (or someone else) "arse" wouldn't solve your problem. Also it wouldn't be very nice.

You should read the topic carefully before you write stuff which doesn't make any sense.

First of all the info I wrote is for Nokia N70 model and totally works on the firmware version "v 2.05..". As I wrote before, I have unlocked two N70 models with the calculator and it works.

If you really wanna be a part of the solution write the full details. Like:

1- What is your N70's firmware version?
2- Your provider

I hope next time you read more carefully.

Thanks

f2o
16-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Hi, as it has been stated in the main message, I have unlocked two N70 models with that code calculator and I believe (at least) it totally works for Nokia N70 models with the firmware version "v 2.05..".

Thanks

redhawk
16-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Another bullshit

f2o
16-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Another bullshit

You have been very helpful. Thank you redhawk.

redhawk
17-04-2007, 06:24 AM
You have been very helpful. Thank you redhawk.

I have a N70, from UK Vodafone, the firm starts by v2.05... and this DON'T WORK. Well? It's bullshit, any doubts? :)

f2o
17-04-2007, 10:18 AM
There are two possibilities:

1- You are one of those guys who sell unlock codes on Ebay and you are sabotaging the efforts here (it is quite common!)
2- You are not following the procedure correctly
BB5 Calculator v4.2 works 100% with N70 v2.05 phones

Guys,
Another phone is on it's way, I will try that one too on Thursday and let you know.

I have a N70, from UK Vodafone, the firm starts by v2.05... and this DON'T WORK. Well? It's bullshit, any doubts? :)

buj
17-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Carry on f2o. Don't let those two "ass-weilding bullshitters" negative thinkers stop you from sharing your findings here. it's not like you're asking others to buy your solution. CARRY ON.

For all we know they are network snitches seeking to downplay any free solutions. Even if you fail, it's not their phone or mine's that'll be bricked or permanently locked, it's yours!!

Others will be hoping that you'll suceed with your third N70. i'll for one will be watching this space.

=====================================================================================================================

On another note, i've got an o2UK n70 off ebay and the seller list it as locked. Lucky me after tinkering with it (changing sims, calls/network settings, resetting phone with & w/o sims) Wala!! it's unlocked. I could just be lucky though, coz it may have been sold by o2 unlocked by default as the seller says he's not sure.

so never say never. anything made/programmed by man can be tinkered with. remember that

subway999
17-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Carry on f2o. Don't let those two "ass-weilding bullshitters" negative thinkers stop you from sharing your findings here. it's not like you're asking others to buy your solution. CARRY ON.

For all we know they are network snitches seeking to downplay any free solutions. Even if you fail, it's not their phone or mine's that'll be bricked or permanently locked, it's yours!!

Others will be hoping that you'll suceed with your third N70. i'll for one will be watching this space.

=====================================================================================================================

On another note, i've got an o2UK n70 off ebay and the seller list it as locked. Lucky me after tinkering with it (changing sims, calls/network settings, resetting phone with & w/o sims) Wala!! it's unlocked. I could just be lucky though, coz it may have been sold by o2 unlocked by default as the seller says he's not sure.

so never say never. anything made/programmed by man can be tinkered with. remember that

O2 UK Nokia N70's are unlocked by default

You only have 3 chances to unlock a BB5 phone I would personally pay for a soloution that works for now and contribute towards a free service that is available for everybody to share

I do not think its fair for somebody to state a load of B S that will harm somebody who is niave and turns their phone into a brick

Maybe a moderator or other respected person with a large post count could comment!

redhawk
17-04-2007, 06:59 PM
There are two possibilities:

1- You are one of those guys who sell unlock codes on Ebay and you are sabotaging the efforts here (it is quite common!)
2- You are not following the procedure correctly
BB5 Calculator v4.2 works 100% with N70 v2.05 phones

Guys,
Another phone is on it's way, I will try that one too on Thursday and let you know.

Answering question 1 - NO, I'm not.
Question 2 - Yes, I try this solution (step by step) and didn't work.

@buj, are you MN? Think so...

by the way, this software, is already on ebay (by forcheapmobiles), and another data, if you put the model, imei, and network, then clik on calculate several times they put every time diferent codes...

Like I put in my original post, this is bullshit.

darx
18-04-2007, 08:07 AM

for you'r information dude i have been working with cell phones for 8 years and no i'm not affiliated with any network provider i posted that this software is fake because it is,
i have no reason to lie about it but if you want to believe a guy with 3 posts to his name go ahead, if it was so easy to unlock the bb5 series it would have been done way before now and not have taken over two years as thats how long the bb5 series has been in circulation.

this software has been floating around for over a year and has been proven time and time again to be fake thats just a fact but hey don't believe me hardlock you'r precious phone.

LPC
19-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Yes, is the same (and shitted) program that somebody sells on eBay since at least one year... Remembering by its Version Number, 4.2; so much version history for a recent unlocker system.

Ok, I'll continue waiting for a real bb5 calc, need to unlock a 6630 for a new overseas exchange.

Greetings from Spain

metais
26-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Please advise if BB5 calculator will also work on N80 locked to Orange

NokDoc
26-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Sorry to see you guys removing BB5 Code Calculator links and files from your forums.

Hi,

Sorry, but that's a wrong interpretation.

Since we only remove the fake ones.

NokDoc

andykn
28-04-2007, 05:07 PM
A surprising number of BB5 phones are not locked. I was cursing Vodafone for sending me a duff code for my N80 (free if you're on PAYG and tell them its over a year old) when I found out it was already unlocked.

My new O2 N95 is also unlocked.

If f2o is genuine, he possibly had unlocked phones to start with. Given that Vodafone only sent me one code for my N80 (and previously only one for my N70) its unlikely that putting in 3 codes will work and is much more likely to run your code clock out.

Only try this if you are very desparate.

darx
29-04-2007, 09:07 PM
correct the with the bb5's you only get 3 tries inputting the wrong code in 3 times will result in a hard lock and then even the genuine code will not work