PDA

View Full Version : Can't unlock 6630 (3G UK)

99percentuptime
09-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Hi. Got a Nokia 6630 software version V 4.03.18 (RM-1) which is locked to 3G UK. I have used the BB5_UNLOCKER many times and it works, but on this phone it is saying "FATAL ERROR: log files NOT found" when I run the "BB5_calc.exe" on the third step of the process.

My COM port is setup correctly DEFINITELY so that is ruled out; any ideas??.

For what its worth - there seems to be *NO* text-based file (the one containing all the #pw+12345 blah blah etc codes) that the software sends back to the phone (or that you can type manually if youre dumb!)

I would appreciate help please. Thanks.

If it is any help, there is something that says "TRY1=4 TRY2=10" - cryptic!!!

NokDoc
10-06-2007, 05:12 AM
Hi Mr. ThankU, :-P :D

This is how I think the BB5 Logger goes:

step1: Get essential phone information via fbus.

step2: Store that essential phone information to '..\LOGS\0123.._BB5.LOG' file.

step3: Shell to the "BB5_calc.exe" which will use the '0123.._BB5.LOG' file as input and store the '..\PSW\0123.._BB5.PSW' as the output file.

step4...: Dump the calced code information from the '..\PSW\0123.._BB5.PSW' to the phone.
(U may skip this and type the texts manually into Ur phone)

Additional there is this backup step, that's some sort of miniflash of Ur essential pmm datas, restoring it will set it's orginal state back just as reflashing Ur own pmm would do.

>> when I run the "BB5_calc.exe" on the third step of the process

The "BB5_calc.exe" didn't find the required '0123.._BB5.LOG' file in the '..\Logs\' directory.

So it's obvious the error is in step1, indeed something went wrong on fbus and it couldn't get valid datas.

Could be the fbus commands are not compatible to this type of phone.

Or less likely, in step 2, there's something wrong with storing files onto Ur harddisk.

Ps, I am NOT familiar with unlocking or bb5 in general, I never used this program either. :-?

I only imagine what this tool does by means of reverse engineering it.

NokDoc

99percentuptime
10-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Hi Mr. ThankU, :-P :D

This is how I think the BB5 Logger goes:

step1: Get essential phone information via fbus.

step2: Store that essential phone information to '..\LOGS\0123.._BB5.LOG' file.

step3: Shell to the "BB5_calc.exe" which will use the '0123.._BB5.LOG' file as input and store the '..\PSW\0123.._BB5.PSW' as the output file.

step4...: Dump the calced code information from the '..\PSW\0123.._BB5.PSW' to the phone.
(U may skip this and type the texts manually into Ur phone)

Additional there is this backup step, that's some sort of miniflash of Ur essential pmm datas, restoring it will set it's orginal state back just as reflashing Ur own pmm would do.

>> when I run the "BB5_calc.exe" on the third step of the process

The "BB5_calc.exe" didn't find the required '0123.._BB5.LOG' file in the '..\Logs\' directory.

So it's obvious the error is in step1, indeed something went wrong on fbus and it couldn't get valid datas.

Could be the fbus commands are not compatible to this type of phone.

Or less likely, in step 2, there's something wrong with storing files onto Ur harddisk.

Ps, I am NOT familiar with unlocking or bb5 in general, I never used this program either. :-?

I only imagine what this tool does by means of reverse engineering it.

NokDoc

Uhhmm **ALL** I wanna do is unlock my handset... now you have really confused me!.

bcatlock
10-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Hi. Got a Nokia 6630 software version V 4.03.18 (RM-1) which is locked to 3G UK. I have used the BB5_UNLOCKER many times and it works, but on this phone it is saying "FATAL ERROR: log files NOT found" when I run the "BB5_calc.exe" on the third step of the process.

My COM port is setup correctly DEFINITELY so that is ruled out; any ideas??.

For what its worth - there seems to be *NO* text-based file (the one containing all the #pw+12345 blah blah etc codes) that the software sends back to the phone (or that you can type manually if youre dumb!)

I would appreciate help please. Thanks.

If it is any help, there is something that says "TRY1=4 TRY2=10" - cryptic!!!

i ad probs with 1 6630,,,,,,,,dont know what version it was,,,,,but the answer was to connect it via the serial port,,,,,using serial port cable connected tx,rx, an grd ....this worked peerfect:)
also make sure the logger is readin you mob.as info should show about your mob,,,imei etc,,,

99percentuptime
10-06-2007, 07:47 PM
i ad probs with 1 6630,,,,,,,,dont know what version it was,,,,,but the answer was to connect it via the serial port,,,,,using serial port cable connected tx,rx, an grd ....this worked peerfect:)
also make sure the logger is readin you mob.as info should show about your mob,,,imei etc,,,

I am not going to go and buy a serial cable, for use on a laptop that HAS no serial port, just for one phone. There *MUST* be another way, and yes, it DOES show me all the info about the phone etc on the software.

Mamber
10-06-2007, 08:49 PM
@99percentuptime

This does happen sometimes.

Have you formatted your phone first as described in other threads???

*#7370#

99percentuptime
10-06-2007, 10:24 PM
@99percentuptime

This does happen sometimes.

Have you formatted your phone first as described in other threads???

*#7370#

Yes and it does nothing.

Mamber
10-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Have you updated to the latest firmware on your phone?

99percentuptime
10-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Have you updated to the latest firmware on your phone?

No, because ( A ) I don't have a DKU-2 and ( B ) I don't have THREE sim any more.

LPC
13-06-2007, 11:48 AM
An easy common failure...

Check the path of Dejan program and subfolders, it MUST BE INSTALLED on "c:\bb5_unlocker\". Other drive or directory on path, causes this error code.

Rar file published here (at the other post) uncompressed the program on a invalid path ("c:\bb5_unlocker\bb5_unlocker\"), please check and correct this.

Greetings.

99percentuptime
15-06-2007, 06:32 PM
An easy common failure...

Check the path of Dejan program and subfolders, it MUST BE INSTALLED on "c:\bb5_unlocker\". Other drive or directory on path, causes this error code.

Rar file published here (at the other post) uncompressed the program on a invalid path ("c:\bb5_unlocker\bb5_unlocker\"), please check and correct this.

Greetings.

Yes, I am aware that the originally posted unlocker, unRARed to the wrong location, and I have had the unlocker installed in the *correct* location whilst trying to unlock. Most frustrating, but thankyou for bringing this to my attention. :D

All the software does, is create a file: "123451234512345.BB5" in the subfolder "backup"(where the numbers are my IMEI) when I click "Make Log". What is this, and what can I do with it?!> Confused!. This is sheer madness.

SEE BELOW FOR CORRECT FOLDER HIERARCHY, FOR BB5 UNLOCKER.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u153/juicyguicy/bb5_unlocker_correct_installation.jpg

bushwraith
16-06-2007, 02:23 PM
I have a problem also with the 6630 on three uk. i'm using a dku-5 cable, win xp etc bb5 unlocker opens and reads phone but when i click make log it says error, check fbus cable, restart program etc. tried again and again and again always the same. yet others have unlocked this model no probs.....i'm at a loss, been at this for days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!