PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking Nokia E65 using dejan software

e65on3
20-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Hi people, im new to this forum so bare with me if this is a stupid topic.
I have recently purchased a Nokia E65 on the Three network. I also downloaded dejans unlocking software and bought a dku-5 cable. I follwed the instructions word for word, set up the com port settings in the device manager etc and download drivers but it just wont work. When i click read phone, i just get a slight pause and then a message saying bad connection (restart phone, program etc) or something like that. Could anyone give me some advice? :-? Thanks in advance

mnunes2001
03-07-2007, 10:43 AM
I have recently purchased a Nokia E65 on the Three network. I also downloaded dejans unlocking software and bought a dku-5 cable. I follwed the instructions word for word, set up the com port settings in the device manager etc and download drivers but it just wont work. When i click read phone, i just get a slight pause and then a message saying bad connection (restart phone, program etc) or something like that. Could anyone give me some advice? :-? Thanks in advance

Same problem here... :-(

aikoNeerF
06-07-2007, 12:36 AM
OK, i think the DKU-5 cable doesn't work on N70 and E65. So which one is the proper cable to get???

Clipdrive
11-07-2007, 10:57 PM
:-? I am having problems unlocking my phone. I have downloaded the software, changed the COM port, taken the SIM card out, restarted the phone and clicked on the READ phone button and it just says WAIT... This is the 10th time I have tried. The other 9 times I had the bad connection error message. Am I wasting my time, can the E65 on the 3 Network be unlocked at all? Help please - I bought this phone on ebay for my wife!

m_naeem
12-07-2007, 10:44 AM
e65 is not unlockable with dejan software..... ya dku 5 doesnt work...u need to check this www.techgsmnet.com:)

andykn
12-07-2007, 01:16 PM
can the E65 on the 3 Network be unlocked at all?

Yes, ring 3. They will unlock it.

Clipdrive
12-07-2007, 10:13 PM
I did ring 3 and they said since the phone is still under contract to the person who sold me the phone on ebay they would need to call and have it unlocked. I contacted the seller and he is not interested. I guess I'll just have to resell the phone then!

aikoNeerF
12-07-2007, 11:45 PM
e65 is not unlockable with dejan software..... ya dku 5 doesnt work...u need to check this www.techgsmnet.com:)On the Nokia Website it states clearly the DKU-5 is not supported on the N70 - and the standard cable that comes with the N70 doesn't show up in the Device Manager as a Com Port cable. So which is the correct cable to get to unlock the N70 using Dejan??

aikoNeerF
12-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Yes, ring 3. They will unlock it.I rang 3 about 5 times, they tell me in the end they CAN NOT unlock my N70 (and I have paid it off)! So i ask them about what I can do next, and they tell me to try the Nokia Care Center to unlock it - and I already know for sure they don't do this stuff! I'm stuck with a phone I paid off and no way to unlock it. Thanks f***ing 3!

pitabread
18-07-2007, 02:47 PM

I thougth we could unlock the E65 based on this webpage
http://nokiabb5unlock.blogspot.com/

but i guess no one is sucessfully unlocking the phone?

darx
19-07-2007, 08:44 AM
i unlocked one but not with a DKU5 i used my jaf box as a bridge and used the comm port emmulator with the jaf cat5 service cables

le_haa
21-07-2007, 01:13 PM
I am havingthe EXACT same problem - I bought a Nokia e65 off ebay - it is locked to the 3 Network. I paid almost £5.00 for unlocking software also on ebay, and it is not working. I've done all the right steps, but it just keeps saying "bad connection". I am about to go nuts. Anyone had any luck doing this? The cheapest quote I found for a pro to unlock it is £45!! HELP!!