PDA

View Full Version : help with a bloked 6233

sutt359
06-07-2007, 01:44 AM
Hi guys

Ive just bought a phone of a friend who is a taxi driver, i popped my sim in to test and it got signal and connected to t-mobiles Wnw to surff the net. So i thought it was all working fine, I put my new T-mobile sim in and it wont connect to make a call.

I phoned T-mobile to ask why its not working and they said its been black listed.

I thought contected the guy i got it from - the thing is its from a punter that didnt pay his taxi bill so the drive took his phone but the person never collected his phone or paid the bill.

Would it be a waste of time me explaing that to T-mobile to get them to unblack list it? or is there anythign i can do?

Thanks Kev

naz33
06-07-2007, 02:35 AM
no mate they wouldn't help you just sell it for parts

darx
06-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi guys

Ive just bought a phone of a friend who is a taxi driver, i popped my sim in to test and it got signal and connected to t-mobiles Wnw to surff the net. So i thought it was all working fine, I put my new T-mobile sim in and it wont connect to make a call.

I phoned T-mobile to ask why its not working and they said its been black listed.

I thought contected the guy i got it from - the thing is its from a punter that didnt pay his taxi bill so the drive took his phone but the person never collected his phone or paid the bill.

Would it be a waste of time me explaing that to T-mobile to get them to unblack list it? or is there anythign i can do?

Thanks Kev

yes it would be a waste of time because you would end up being nicked for handling stolen goods and fraud as it's a stolen blacklisted phone and ontop of that they wouldn't even undo the blacklist for you. for now either sell it abroad or keep it for spare parts

sutt359
06-07-2007, 10:07 AM
I phoned tmobile again and they said bin it or use it for parts lol.

Thanks for the info.

This maybe a dumb ass question my other half has family in switzerland, i take it the phone would work over there. I would just wonder what network it would work on being locked to t-mobile.

Thanks Kev

naz33
06-07-2007, 11:19 PM
no i don't think it would as it lock to t-mobile. the phone need to be unlocked to all networks as it not & can't be unlocked. the phone only good for parts