PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking the N95

mungylee
09-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Went to my local phone repair shop today, and they said they don't have the right equipment to do it yet, but they should be getting it by next week, so they could do it for me for £10.

I read somewhere that the only way to unlock it is to call up the service provider (orange) and get a code. But the guy seems to think he can do it next week. Is this true?

andykn
22-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Went to my local phone repair shop today, and they said they don't have the right equipment to do it yet, but they should be getting it by next week, so they could do it for me for £10.

I read somewhere that the only way to unlock it is to call up the service provider (orange) and get a code. But the guy seems to think he can do it next week. Is this true?

Possibly if he's using one of these:

http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/Unlocking/nokian95unlockclip2.htm

93tid
24-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Does anyone know a place in London where they can unlock the N95, i.e. they have the required box (U'ID or whatever) plus software. I found a place in Wimbledon, but they say they need 72 hours (and 30 pounds), so I'm guessing they are not doing it on the premises and take the phone to be unlocked somewhere else. I don't mind the money so much, but would rather have it done same day.

w86k
29-08-2007, 09:14 PM
yes it is possible to unlock any nokia , including nokia n95, my friend upgraded to n95 n he already have unlocked it and it is working absolutley fine n the charge he paid for unlocking is 35 £ and i know the place where they do unlocking:rolleyes:

93tid
30-08-2007, 04:39 PM
That is correct, I had my N95 unlocked a couple of days ago, it took one hour and 20 pounds, so I guess prices will be coming down further.

Orange have become more difficult in providing unlock codes, now they require the phone to be on a monthly contract for at least 3 months before they give you the code for £20. At least that's what I was told for my N95 when I asked earlier this week. Maybe for other models it is easier.