PDA

View Full Version : Dejan soft freeze during "read phone"

schpuns
15-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Hi,

i hope i'll not be considered as a "lazy bastard" with this thread as i read many post but couldn't find any answer. If yes, please input this to my poor english s'il vous plait ! ;)

So, here's the matter: I have a DKU5 USB cable installed, i had correctly set up the com port to match Dejan's soft and device manager com port.

When I click on the "Read phone" button, I get the first line displaying the imei of my phone, but still the "WAIT..." message is diplayed. And... nothing.
the process just freeze and do nothing. Sometimes i noticed that it creates a log files in the log folder with my relevant IMEI, but nothing else. I cannon't click on any other button, then the program becomes all white and i must stop the process in task manager.

So i'm lost, because, it can see my phone, it can read even its imei, but then stop... :(
That's weird. In all similar cases i could read here, people couldn't even read the imei, the program was just freezing and showing "WAIT...", but i go one step ahead, but nothing more.

Any idea please ?

Thanks.
I'll try to post screenshots later.

schpuns
24-10-2007, 07:59 PM
:-?
Any helpfull thought ?

bcatlock
25-10-2007, 01:07 AM
and what u think u supposed to do with the log???????????u dont say model of ur nokia....????
nothing wrong with soft mate,,,,,it waiting u 2 use
follow:
1. Connect DKU-5 or normal COM cable to computer
2. Set proper COM cable (must be, between 1 and 9)
3. run `install.bat`
4. Open file c:/bb5_unlocker/logs/bb5_unlocker.cfg and write here proper COM port (1-9)
5. Run c:/bb5 unlocker/BB5logunlocker.exe
6. Click READ PHONE when you 1st see NOKIA logo(straight away).
7. Click MAKE LOG, log will be created
8. Then open BB5_calc.exe that will giv u the psw log(the unlock codes),,then close BB5_calc.exe when it done it.
9. (BB5logunlocker.exe,is still open.........waiting --NOT FROZEN--)then click unlock or
10. Enter codes to phone (in /psw/ dir), or
11. Click SP UNLOCK to enter codes via FBUS

schpuns
26-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Hi, thanks for you answer.

sorry i didn't mention the phone model: it's a 6680.

Next sorry : my post wasn't clear enough i suppose. When I say that the soft "freeze" I really mean it ! I'm not saying that it's waiting for any action, because i canno't click on any other buttons such as make log or anything. When i try, the soft window become all white and I have to stop it threw windows device manager and stop the task.

So i'm not that stupid :) And as i mentionned, sometimes it creates a log, sometimes not..

I'm under Win XP SP2, have tried on my laptop AND on my other PC : same result...

bugmenot
27-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Try a different cable. I had exactly this happen with an N70 and 6630 using a genuine nokia DKU-5 and a generic one. I finally bought a cable advertised on ebay as BB5 unlocking cable and it worked out of the box. Pot-luck otherwise.

bcatlock
28-10-2007, 01:57 AM
@schpuns:
i didnt call u stupid.........lol
u know what u talk bout so you definatly not stupid......wish i could say same for a number of others that av posted in forum.........lol...
check cable/run virus scan/spyware scan/clean pins at bottom of phone///
sound like something interfering,or not connecting,,,
read on

anyway
@bugmenot:
no need buy any cable.....
use old mob serial cable,,,nokia 3310 will do,,,cut off end,,,get pop port connector.....headphone 1 will do...now connect just RX,TX and GND,together---pop port conector 2 serial cable....work 100%,,,,no cable errors then......see pic attached.......i sure i posted bout this before....:)

schpuns
28-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Wow, we're getting into high electronic skill needs :)

I don't have any other cable, and i've just bought this DKU-5, Nokia original pack (well at least it looks like, according to the sticker "Nokia DKU-5 Made in Thailand blablabla...").

So, thanks a lot for your answers, but i'm still stuck at the same point...
I would rather not have to buy a second cable.

About dirty pop points: I've tried with my wife's cellphone, a nokia 6070, and it's exactly the same :(

Here's a screenshot :
http://vraibazar.free.fr/BB5_UnlockerFREEZE_small.jpg

I must have mistaken about previous posts: it never creates a log file, just a BACKUP file IMEI.BB5, sorry about that.
And second point: this phone is already unlocked, but i don't think it has anything to do with my problem. (I know, you're wondering why i need to run this unlocker soft if it's already unlocked ? Well, i'm curious and I'd like to make a first "run" so that i can tell to my friends: "give me your phone, i'm gonna unlock it within 5 seconds" :)... )

DailyCare
02-11-2007, 01:24 AM
I don't have any other cable, and i've just bought this DKU-5, Nokia original pack (well at least it looks like, according to the sticker "Nokia DKU-5 Made in Thailand blablabla...").

So, thanks a lot for your answers, but i'm still stuck at the same point...
I would rather not have to buy a second cable.

It sounds like there is definitely a problem with your DKU-5 cable. I had the same problem with my N70, official Nokia cable, but no result. I tried 3 different DKU-5 cables and bang!, 4th one did the job :) I recommend you to use Ebay, cables are cheap, worth to give a shot.