PDA

View Full Version : Change IMEI on Nokia E61i?

kdasummer
19-11-2007, 05:20 PM
I'd like to tweek my phone a little. But it's jungle with all those flashing tools out there. I've read that i need Phoenix Service Software so i've downloaded that. I read the service manual which says i need FLS-5 Flash Dongle and CA-53 cable ... But i've also read something about a FPS8-prommer which isn't mentioned in the service manual.

What do i need to, for instance, change the IMEI of my E61i? And do i need additional software?

I could post links to phoenix service software, a site with many nokia service manuals and a site with alot of firmware information. But i'm new here and i don't know the rules so if it's okay with a moderator, i'll post them.

Gieffel
19-11-2007, 07:23 PM
I'd like to tweek my phone a little. But it's jungle with all those flashing tools out there. I've read that i need Phoenix Service Software so i've downloaded that. I read the service manual which says i need FLS-5 Flash Dongle and CA-53 cable ... But i've also read something about a FPS8-prommer which isn't mentioned in the service manual.

What do i need to, for instance, change the IMEI of my E61i? And do i need additional software?

I could post links to phoenix service software, a site with many nokia service manuals and a site with alot of firmware information. But i'm new here and i don't know the rules so if it's okay with a moderator, i'll post them.

Changing IMEI is illegal, you will not find any help here !!
there is no honest reason to do that

BR

kdasummer
19-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Please tell me where it says it's illegal to change the IMEI? It's my phone so i can change whatever i want.

Maybe it's illegal in your country, but i haven't found anywhere in the Danish law which says i'm not allowed to do that, like it isn't illegal to unlock the phone.

So next time, please bring some more info instead of just throwing out useless comments.

Gieffel
19-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Please tell me where it says it's illegal to change the IMEI? It's my phone so i can change whatever i want.

Maybe it's illegal in your country, but i haven't found anywhere in the Danish law which says i'm not allowed to do that, like it isn't illegal to unlock the phone.

So next time, please bring some more info instead of just throwing out useless comments.
It's impossible that changing IMEI is legal in whatever country !!!
unlockind is legal in every conutry !!!!

and anyway it's useless if it is really YOUR phone.
Next time explain what do you want to do to need change IMEI ?

BR

kdasummer
19-11-2007, 09:33 PM
It's really none of your business what i want to do with my phone.

Since i'm interested in security on not only my computer, but also my cellphone, i wish to be able to change my IMEI if i think someone is tapping it.

I can't be prepared without knowing how to change my phones specifications and what i need to be awere of about my safety of not being eavesdropped, not having someone sniffing my traffic and being able to find my phone if someone steels it. I have VERY important information on this phone and i DO NOT wish that anyone gets their hands on it - so i wish to be prepared.

It's that simple.

darx
21-11-2007, 06:55 PM
the only reason you would want to change the imei is because you have a stolen phone you want to get working again. or you commited insurance fraud and want to get the phone working again.

regardless of you'r reasons i realy don't care. however i will say this.
you'r phone is a bb5 and a newer bb5 at that and as such it is physically impossible to change the imei code on that phone without changing the uem chip which by the way is a rite bastard to do and the kit alone to do such a thing would cost you thousands of pounds, not to mention the skills needed.

and by the way if someone is sniffing in on you'r calls then you must have some very powerfull enemys as the kit needed to do such a thing is only available to government agencies and costs hundreds of thousands of pounds.
also the imei is only half the problem if some one wanted to spy on you they would track the sim aswell.

if you'r that bothered about you'r so called security ditch the phone and get a new one and a new sim.

or just lock you'r self in a darkened room for the rest of you'r life and take to wearing tin foil hats so they can't read you'r thoughts you nut case