PDA

View Full Version : Unlock, debrand and firmware update question

saznat
29-11-2007, 11:45 PM
I have a Nokia 6630 with firmware V4.03.08, locked to the 3 network.
I plan to try unlocking it, debranding it and upgrading firmware to the current latest so that I can use my PAYG Tesco sim in it.

At the moment I have various applications installed, the main one being TomTom Mobile 5 which runs from the supplied MMC Card.

If I do these updates, I understand that I will have to reload my personal files to the phone (Contacts, ringtones etc) but can anyone tell me if my TomTom software will still work once the upgrades are complete and the MMC Card reinserted?

If not, what would I have to do to get it going again?

bcatlock
30-11-2007, 11:47 AM
I have a Nokia 6630 with firmware V4.03.08, locked to the 3 network.
I plan to try unlocking it, debranding it and upgrading firmware to the current latest so that I can use my PAYG Tesco sim in it.

At the moment I have various applications installed, the main one being TomTom Mobile 5 which runs from the supplied MMC Card.

If I do these updates, I understand that I will have to reload my personal files to the phone (Contacts, ringtones etc) but can anyone tell me if my TomTom software will still work once the upgrades are complete and the MMC Card reinserted?

If not, what would I have to do to get it going again?

if upgrading your soft--when you installed the tomtom,it would of asked you to install to phone or memery card(you supposed to av choosen memory card).if you choose phone,then you got 2 reinstall,,if choose memory card,,then theres no problem.......
unlocking ur mob--will not make the slightest difference to tomtom,

to reinstall your tomtom,just find your tomtom.sis on the root of mmc normally,and just run it.....
if you got any probs,i got a tomtom for your mob,,,just pm me,if you need it.

saznat
30-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks for your reply.

It was installed on the memory card so it should be ok then. Thanks for reassuring me about this. I'm now just waiting for the cable to be delivered to do the job, and I'll certainly PM you if I have any problem.