PDA

View Full Version : Nokie 6650H - RM-324 : 3 failed Unlock attempts, now what?

tishoo
21-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Hello all.

I have a new AT&T-branded & locked (in the USA) Nokia 6650 (Some research online shows that there was an old 6650 as well, this is the new 6650 flip Symbian-based dual screen phone)

I requested from them, and promptly received, an unlock code. I made two attempts (one with the AT&T SIM inside it, one without) that resulted in the dreaded "Code Error!" message. Their email suggested it didn't matter whether I used the AT&T SIM in it or not. Both times, I entered the unlock code '1' at the very end after the '+', before the final '#'

I have a TMobile prepaid SIM (2 years old, expired) but inserting that just makes the phone boot with an INVALID SIM error, and I can't hit # to attempt to enter the unlock code.

Some perusal and misguided self-help - and I also tried the same code with the unlock code '7' with the SIM in the phone.

And now I've reached 3 unlock attempts and faced failure. I travel aroad soon, and would deeply appreciate some help.

I CANNOT afford to roam in Europe & Asia at AT&Ts rates, and this phone has GPS, which I need while travelling!

I downloaded the Nokia free calc and entered the IMEI, and requested a DCT 4 (expert only) code, with Cingular as the provider, and it is identical to the code AT&T sent me in the last 9 digits, but the first 6 digits are different (for code 1)

In any case, the particulars:

Nokia 6650 (referred to as the 6650 H RM-324 on some websites)
USA
AT&T
IMEI: 355748020078692

The code AT&T sent me (and they said to select '1' with or without the SIM) ...
980 692 414 242 676
(without spaces of course)

THANKS in advance!