PDA

View Full Version : ALS / Line 2 Activation Nokia N97

njoni007
19-07-2009, 05:03 AM
I bought an unbranded phone from Nokia and I thought since this has generic software in it it should have all the features enabled.

However, after I remove the SIM from Nokia 3555 and place it on the Nokia N97 I no longer see the option for Line 2. The only place that shows there are two numbers on the SIM card is in the Contact menu > Options > SIM Numbers > My numbers > Line 1, Line 2.

Anywhere else under settings to change rin tones or even make a call I get a busy signal (yet I hear my stereo speakers pickup interference as usual from GSM phones).

Any idea how to get the Line 2 working? Any easy way to activate it? Nokia says that if the SIM card has two numbers the Line 2 enables automatically.

95xf
01-11-2009, 12:17 PM
I bought an unbranded phone from Nokia and I thought since this has generic software in it it should have all the features enabled.

However, after I remove the SIM from Nokia 3555 and place it on the Nokia N97 I no longer see the option for Line 2. The only place that shows there are two numbers on the SIM card is in the Contact menu > Options > SIM Numbers > My numbers > Line 1, Line 2.

Anywhere else under settings to change rin tones or even make a call I get a busy signal (yet I hear my stereo speakers pickup interference as usual from GSM phones).

Any idea how to get the Line 2 working? Any easy way to activate it? Nokia says that if the SIM card has two numbers the Line 2 enables automatically.

I have N97 Unbranded with ALS line 2 N97
Product code 0585162 but current SW is only V12
Its a Generic UK sim Free from Carphone warehouse
You could change your product code to this model with nemasis
then run updater from Nokia
I know this works as I have lost line 2 using the Euro 1 product code as ALS is not eneabled on that

Mind V20 is ont on this model number yet so If you are on V20 you will not be able to reinstall V12

I have not yet found another product code with V20 and Line 2

let me know if you restore als by another meansd as I can they change to Euro 1 update to V20 and reinstate ALS Cheers