PDA

View Full Version : 6500 unlocking mystery... can you help?

redkopman
04-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Hi there,

I've been trying to unlock my 6500 for about a week. I've found plenty of unlock codes online, and no, I haven't blocked the phone by entering the wrong codes yet... I have a different problem:

Basically when I power the phone up without the SIM it will not accept any kind of unlock code starting with a '#'. It will only allow me to enter a 'Security Code' and I have tried to enter a Master Security Code from the generator on this site but it results in a 'Code Error'.

So, does anyone know how to get past this Security Code so that I can enter the unlock code?

I'd really appreciate an answer from someone with more knowledge than me as it's driving me nuts!!!

Thanks!

bcatlock
09-10-2009, 08:49 PM
if its a 6500 slide or classic,then this is a bb5+ with sl2 security.
unlocking (the network unlock, ie....if its on three and you want to use your o2 sim for example)this can only be done with the aid of a box(an unlocking box,such as jaf,ufs,etc etc).
the software is free but you have to av the box and a compatible f-bus cable.
dont waste your time with online calculators,
but what you need to do,if you want the SECURITY unlock code,then thats different,,,can get master code,but default for nokia is 12345 or 1234.also there are 1 or 2 calculaters that can get you the 10 digit master code.
but it easier to do it with usb cable and nss,and reset your code back to default.
search for nss reset security code nokia on google..........you av to do some of the work....lol..i not going to hand it to you on a plate,,,,,,and this way you will learn.....:)
theres also a prog called JAU to reset via usb,,,and 1 or 2 others:)