PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking 5190

bradk
06-11-2002, 06:54 PM
Is there any freeware that I can use to unlock a 5190 with firmware version v5.81. I have a data cable but not the software to unlock the phone.

06-11-2002, 10:33 PM
try nokia tool V3.03

bradk
06-11-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by newbie
try nokia tool V3.03

Do you know where I can find the nokia tool V3.03?
I did not see in in the download list.

Thanks,
Brad.

07-11-2002, 12:47 AM
I download it from here. Check download section. Nokiatool something..... It works fine

bradk
19-11-2002, 07:12 PM
I download it from here. Check download section. Nokiatool something..... It works fine

I've tried all versions of the unlocking software but none can communicate to the phone.
The phone was battery powered, should it be powered by the charger instead? Should the phone be turned off or on? Should a SIM card be installed?
I am using windows 2000 serial com port 1.

Any other insightful ideas?

Thanks,
Brad.

19-11-2002, 08:53 PM
The phone should be on . Don't need to have a sim card...
If you can read the phone. so You can unlock the phone too. Check the cable

bradk
03-12-2002, 06:10 PM
The phone should be on . Don't need to have a sim card...
If you can read the phone. so You can unlock the phone too. Check the cable

I have tried numerous software but still no communications. I have a new cable from the following link

http://www.bargaincell.com/product.cfm?brand_id=1&model_id=nok04&product_id=NOKDAT001S5161

I have my doubts about this cable. Any way to test the cable?

phonedudes
04-12-2002, 12:32 AM
Your STILL working on that 5190!

One easy way to test your cable is try it w/LogoManager..

LogoManager Web Site (http://www.logomanager.co.uk/)

Try Mbus first and then Fbus (in the settings of logoman)...even though your unlocking solution will require you to use Mbus...but this way you will know if the cable communicates in EITHER mode.

Phonedudes :) :grin: :)

bradk
04-12-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by phonedudes

Try Mbus first and then Fbus (in the settings of logoman)...even though your unlocking solution will require you to use Mbus...but this way you will know if the cable communicates in EITHER mode.

Thanks for the LogoManager Link.
The cable works in Fbus setting but when I change it to Mbus setting 'Not Connected' appears in the bottom left window and all the tool buttons become inactive.

The cable is supposed to support dual mode but there is no switch. I guess it is supposed to switch automatically?
I opened the phone end of the cable and there are three conductors connected to the last three contacts on the phone connector. I cannot see any way to switch from one mode to the other. Can any modifications be made to the cable to allow it to operate in Mbus mode?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad.

bradk
09-12-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by phonedudes

I guess the cable only supported FBUS. After connecting the Rx&Tx lines to the MBUS pin on the cable I was able to unlock it with no problems. The phone is now back in service.

Thanks,
Brad.

phonedudes
09-12-2002, 11:19 PM
Sorry we missed your previous post...

Sometimes the software does not address the phone correctly however most of the time its the CABLE that does NOT switch properly which sounds like what happened in your case...

Glad you figured it out.. We mess w/quite a few phones so we have several cables but if you think you might continue to work with the phones you might consider permanently leaving your cable modified as MBUS only as for the most part thats all you will need. However you might also consider purchasing an OEM DAU-9 as it switches CORRECTLY and you can Always change the end of the oem cable to work with other model phones.

Regards,
PHONEDUDES