PDA

View Full Version : 6590 and General Questions

kkrull
08-11-2002, 05:48 AM
GENERAL QUESTIONS

1. Where are there any good FAQ's on this phone so I won't have to ask so many questions next time. (Yes I looked in the FAQ section on this forum)

2. What are the benefits of having an unlocked phone?

3. Can a notebook computers or PDA use the phone's GPRS/GSM network to get on the internet? (I realize the connection may be slow.) Can this be done via IR or does one need a specific connector? In XP what software or drivers need to be installed and what are their settings to make it work? Does one need a service provider or can the phone's IP address get one straght on the internet?

6590 QUESTIONS

4. Anyone have their phone stick on one keypress? I don't mean the key sticks down, I mean even after the key comes back up, the phone mysteriously repeats the last tone until a new key is pressed.

5. Why does Nokia PC Suite Sync change some names (like drop last names or other words) when connecting to Outlook? Is there a better way to sync? Is there a way in outlook to flag names with a field to be included or excluded in a sync?

AT&T 6590 SPECIFIC

6. What is the purpose of getting an email every time one gets a message? If the 'voice message' icon is already lit this seems redundant, besides the fact that then one must always go into this mailbox to erase after every message. Can I turn this off?