PDA

View Full Version : Problem with sending mms and e-mail

cAde
08-11-2002, 07:33 PM
i have a problem , i can download my e-mail ( my wap connections r all set up ) but i cannot send e-mails or MMS's...

i have a external pop3 email adress, and am using o2 ( ex genie)

the thing is when i connect 7650 throu bluetooth to laptop, i connect to internet with no problem , and send e-mail throu same WAP as on phone....and recive and everything work cool....even says i am connected at 115kbps....( i dont think so)

any help....or ideas would be apreciated...

cheers

mydonnay
08-11-2002, 07:38 PM
have u set-up your smtp server (outgoing)?

cAde
09-11-2002, 12:57 AM
everything is set up exactly as its on my pc...and it works 100% on pc , but not in phone.....

cheers

mydonnay
09-11-2002, 01:13 AM
how about the access points? I'm not sure what the cause but we can check whether we have the same setting and tr to adjust them. please verify the following:

Open Messaging>Options>Settings>

Multimedia message, the preferred connection should be ***MMS (where *** name of your provider)
then the Secondary conn, should be None
multimedia recepton should be only in home network,
then on receiving msg should be Retr. immediately
in Allow anon. messages, select yes,
receive adverts, yes or no (up to you but over here it's yes)
receive report, no
deny reort sending, no
message validity should be 24 hours, image size>small

With E-mal - mae sure that the access point is ***GPRS (where *** is your providers' name), mailbox type should be POP3, security is off, apop secure login is off also

Let me know if you the same settings as the above or not

cAde
09-11-2002, 02:29 AM
everything is hte same but i donr have gprs.,...

mydonnay
09-11-2002, 02:50 AM
I think nothing wrong with your phone or infrared. I suggest to ask your local phone line provider and ask them on the services that they are offering and what type of connection you need to configure.

I'm not sure if all providers are using the same connections but over here, I must use GPRS connection to send e-mail using mobile phone then I must use MMS connection to send MMS, then I need to use ordinary GSM connection to send SMS, then I need to use WAP connection to browse or surf sites that has WAP access and use WAP connection to download stuff using my phone.

DarkangelUK
09-11-2002, 02:55 AM
Could be the phone number you're dialing with. You cant use a freephone ISP dialup number.... has to be the pay-per-min one like 0845 in UK

mydonnay
09-11-2002, 03:10 AM
cAde,

you need to subscribe for a data transfer service not only WAP. Ask your local provider

mydonnay
09-11-2002, 03:13 AM
ahhh! you need to go here Cade... http://amber.smarttrust.com/O2UK/index.jsp choose your phone model, enter your phone number and then you can subscribe to o2 services :)

cAde
09-11-2002, 05:30 PM
ok thanx for that, but when i tried all that , it says GPRS no available....when i tried to send email throu the GPRS connection....and it was pay and go ....

and for MMS i just get a little G comein on in the signal bar for about a helf a second and it says will ne resent....

im on o2 ( ex Genie )....

cheers
thanx everybody

mydonnay
09-11-2002, 05:55 PM
You cannot send MMS or e-mail if you don't have GPRS connection. Ask your local phone line company to activate it :)

G icon below the signal bar means GPRS connection. Since you don't have GPRS, it will fail to connect or will not send any data.

cAde
09-11-2002, 06:30 PM
ok , but why can i down load emails and other stuff, and when im connected to internet ( throu WAP connection ) with my laptop thout the phone , it send and recives data fine....with no GPRS....its not even that slow...??odd isnt it....

cheers for your help

regards:D

mydonnay
10-11-2002, 04:17 AM
Can you please verify.. what "access point" does your e-mail and MMS is using?

cAde
10-11-2002, 04:25 AM
well now im using the ones you gave me off the web site...and still nothing...

mydonnay
10-11-2002, 04:43 AM
I know but you need to check your phone settings manually.

Can you please check what is the Data bearer: in your phone?

it is really strange that you can receive data but cannot send. The only reason that it will fail to send is wrong setting.

cAde
10-11-2002, 05:21 PM
well it doesnt matter, i tried all the data bariers and none will work.....no matter if its GSM , Hi-speed GSM , or GPRS

cheers

mydonnay
10-11-2002, 05:36 PM
sorry for that man...

I think u need to call your local provider and ask them why sending MMS and e-mail using your phone is a failure :(