PDA

View Full Version : 5120i/6120i ESN

DJ Noam
12-11-2002, 06:35 AM
Hello all.,
I'm into phone tweaking something like a year or so reading a lot of articles and forums.,

Before that I was just tweaking around with the *3001#12345# and I also owned old ericsson 388 and played around with the test menu that you can listen to other people calls.,

Right now I'm waiting my local electronic shop to get me some SMD 0603 leds and the Maxim 3232.. I already got the 232 (HIN232) but i want to wait for the 3232 to arrive so I'll buid a good service cable without problems.,

Anyhow., I'll use the 232 for the old ericsson because I have a prepaid line on it but it's unused 4-5 years because it fucked up and didn't find anyone to fix it., I think it freaked out and I'll need to flash it.,

Now., one thing I don't understand., can I change the ESN in 5120i/6120i? so I can clone my (and my roomate's) phone to another without messing with the EEPROM hardware?? I mean clonning 5120i to 6120i?

Where can i get a new SW version/PPM(whatever) in hebrew (I'm from Israel btw and would like to work in my language - even through the current sw is in hebrew also).,
Can I flash it to work as a 5125 phone?

Also., can I implement icons (not operator logo)?
Cause I understand that I can change ringtones.,

Any help will be very kind!
If anyone need help in something to do with electronics/hardware I can help.,

DJ Noam
17-11-2002, 01:57 PM
Hmm.,

Anyway, I need to clone mine and my roomate's phone (5120i) to 6120i (so we both can take a phone on the same line) and maybe make some software upgrade., I will also build the flasher cable (need good schem also).,

I know electronics well and would like to clone., I hope it doesn't involve inside-phone-electronics stuff 'cause I'll have to buy a SMD soldering iron.,

The problem is my provider doesn't support thouse mobiles for a long time and I just LOVE them.,
If I can upgrade the 5120i to 5125 it also would be nice.,

I hope that someone here will be able to answer my questions and help me.,

Thank you!
-Noam

lermon2000
28-12-2002, 04:50 AM
Hi Noam , Call me 054-313059, meybe I can help you

REYESITO
02-01-2003, 11:21 PM
hello up to where I am informed:

one can make upgrade of firmware in an economic way with applications like they leave, knok, rolis etc like they are telephones tdma I recommend him the knok they work with parallel port.

but there is a problem that is the faid if they solve it perfect

the esn in nokia tdma this difficult one to make it since and it presents the same problem with the you trust in the eeprom a tool with which can work for alone to read and to write the eeprom in the telephone it is the nokia soc.

the esn change in ericson if one already can the problem this resolved one....

here cable flsher