PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 5120i

fbecherini
13-11-2002, 02:25 AM
Hello!

I have been changed some configurations in my phone using Wintesla, and after changing a option like 'Tx Power Calibration' when I turn my phone on, before it displays the welcome message its turn off. I think this problem is caused by a bad configuration in phone's memory. What I do to reset the configuration if the phone don't stay on ?

Sorry for my english and
Thanks

phonedudes
13-11-2002, 12:17 PM
If you actually changed the Internal Values for Pwr Calibration as what you have done is retuned your phone to some new settings which without having a PWR GEN/SCOPE etc...etc... is NOT GOOD.

You can try to use the RESET SETTINGS command in Wintesla...

DO NOT USE THE 'FULL FACTORY' RESET ....

Use... UI & Fixed Factory .... and hope for the best...

PHONEDUDES :) :grin: :)

2 Things we always tell people is NOT to screw w/the TUNING menu and the 'CANCEL' button is your best friend..

IF IN DOUBT ALWAYS USE 'CANCEL' NOT 'OK'!

fbecherini
13-11-2002, 06:20 PM
Thanks for your help Phonedudes but wintesla says 'Phone not responding' because the phone turns off. I tried the Ucables TDMA Service and same problem happens.

Thanks anyway

phonedudes
14-11-2002, 11:57 AM
Did you make a back up of your flash??

What version software is the phone and will see if we have a eeprom dump for it.

PHONEDUDES

fgl30
14-11-2002, 01:50 PM
You can try this: open WinTesla with a good cell and them change, thatīs it, remove the good cell and connect the bad. After that you try to reset, even with the cell off.
Maybe work, maybe not. I do this once and it works.

Luck......

fgl30

fbecherini
16-11-2002, 05:51 AM
Thanks for help but now my problem is another ... I have been flashed my cell with Rollis v4.78 with a original flash file and works, but after two times turning phone on and off the problem returned ... Then I tried with Rollis v5.14 and after the "20 seconds of Flash Erasing", the program displays an error "Response Invalid" and cancel flash operation. Now my phone doesn't come back ... now when I push ON button, Rollis says "timeout, please check cable". There is a way to repair this ???

Thanks again

phonedudes
16-11-2002, 12:13 PM
Rolis v5.14 is NOT a newer version its actually older so stick with v4.78, plus you know it works.

Try reflashing w/that... If it fails to flash best thing to do before retrying is unplug data cable, slide battery off for a few seconds,then slide back on, plug cable back in and retry.

PHONEDUDES :) :grin: :)

P.S. Assume your using 5110 or 5130 as the phone type, correct?

fbecherini
16-11-2002, 06:08 PM
I have selected 3210 and 5110 too and have been worked ... I will try again ... thanks

fbecherini
16-11-2002, 06:41 PM
I have tried again and works!!! I cleaned phone contacts, connected the cable and phone has been flashed sucessfully. Thanks for tip.

Mobile Lab
18-11-2002, 01:42 AM
same probalam i face than i reset my phone useing nokia soc 2 ....but just UI & Fixed Factory ........dont do any thing else

thanks and regards

fbecherini
18-11-2002, 03:05 AM
hey ... you can send me nokia soc 2 ? well, my phone turns on yeah ... but can't connect to the network! In the first screen of Field Test it displays SCAN_LOCK and in the signal bar nothings appears ... is configuration, like A-KEY, CHECKSUM or something ?
thanks foi help,

fbecherini

green gerbil
19-11-2002, 03:20 AM
faid :(
if you dont have your original eeprom backup then double :(