PDA

View Full Version : Reset Lock Code?

tomlehane
13-11-2002, 11:08 AM
I have a Nokia 7650 but can not use the 'Lock Code' feature. I'm positive I haven't changed it but, nevertheless, I don't know the lock code. Any way of getting around this?

Thanks,

mydonnay
13-11-2002, 11:33 AM
if you haven't change the lock code then it's 12345 which the default lock code for Nokia phones.

tomlehane
13-11-2002, 11:35 AM
I understand that. What I meant to say is - it's been changed, I'm not sure if it was me, but it is not 12345.

mydonnay
13-11-2002, 04:02 PM
uh-oh .. 12345 doesn't work?

but don't worry.. just bring it to Nokia Center near your place and they will unlock it for you. don't forget to bring your warranty card or receipt of purchase.

tomlehane
13-11-2002, 05:02 PM
Thanks for that, but is that all that can be done? Can I not get a fancy bit of software to do it myself?!

mydonnay
13-11-2002, 05:29 PM
There is a software to do that called DCT-4 unlocker and you will need M/FBUS cable. You will need to open the phone and need to insert the cable inside. If you are familiar doing this then you can go ahead :) but I do not suggest or recommend this because it could damage the phone if handled improperly.

Bringing your phone to Nokia center is the easiest way. If your phone still under warranty - no need to pay. Or you can just call Nokia shop or the shop where you purchased the phone.

b-phreaks
13-11-2002, 08:02 PM
Hi,

Warning !

If you don't have proper service connector or flasher able to flash
7650, do not do it!

There is very common bug, related with Symbian. Small loose connection or comunication problem with free software and
home made connectors can put your phone in 'Contact Retailer'
mode.

It is not easy to fix if you don't have the right equipment.

Best Regards