PDA

View Full Version : 02 Genie sim card problem!!!

coolhandluke
13-11-2002, 05:55 PM
I could change the operator logo on my Vodafone sim but can't seem to with my 02 genie sim which i have just got.

Tried selecq and system tools but neither change logo even though the logo is in the system/apps/phone/oplogo

234_10_0.bmp

Any help would be great !!!!

:confused:

mydonnay
13-11-2002, 06:15 PM
Have u tried using efile manager to change the operator logo?

Here's how: Install efile manager, send the operator logo (don't open the received message), open efile manager>options>settings> show system folder
Open drive C: >system> apps >phone>create a new folder (name it as oplogo if none exists) Go back to system>go to mail>open the first folder that you'll see, scroll down and look for the filename 234_10_0.bmp. Once you found it (make sure 234_10_0.bmp is highlighted)press option and select copy.
Go back to system>apps>phone>folder that u created, open the folder that u created earlier, click option and select paste.

You're done :)

coolhandluke
14-11-2002, 04:12 PM
Still doesn't work m8.
02 logo still here, must have protection on simcard or something.
Can change on Voda sim with no problems...... Weird!!!

:confused:

mydonnay
15-11-2002, 02:30 AM
strange...

hopefully another member here will provide other ways.... let's wait :)

fnvillafuerte
16-11-2002, 05:50 AM
"Still doesn't work m8.
02 logo still here, must have protection on simcard or something.
Can change on Voda sim with no problems...... Weird!!!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...got also the same problem before. My work around is to change the logo file name extension from .bmp to .mbm!

In your case, change filename from 234_10_0.bmp to 234_10_0.mbm, its guaranteed to work give it a try...:)

coolhandluke
16-11-2002, 12:52 PM
Still got the 02 logo m8. No change ???