PDA

View Full Version : 3310 MODIFYING SOFTWARE

nokiaguru
02-03-2002, 09:09 PM
I HAVE 3310 WITH 5.11 software and i have modified menus and tones. Orginal software works with dejan flasjer and nk_calc.
But modified does same if faid is wrong.

Are there any other chksums that i should know.

ppm chksums are correct

Any ideas?

I have modified 8210 software succesfully with no problems

||Joe
02-03-2002, 11:17 PM
Moi

Eli siis ymmärsinkö oikein, tarkoitatko että alkup. softan kanssa flasheri (vai tarkoitatko boxia?) ja nk_calc toimii hyvin, mutta modifioitu ei toimi?

Jos modifioitu ei toimi niin syynä voi olla se että Flash-CHK filen lopussa vaatii pientä säätöä.
Kokeile laskea Flash-chk modifioidusta filestä ja korvata alkuperäinen tarkistussumma uudella.

xone
02-03-2002, 11:21 PM
i have the same problem with my 3330...

btw if the above is the solution, does anyone know a translator? =)

||Joe
03-03-2002, 12:25 AM
Hi xone

Here's the english version /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

" If I understood correctly, you ment that with original software
flasher (or did you ment BOX?) and nk_calc works fine, but not with modified?

If they don't work with modified, the reason might be that Flash-CHK at the end of flash-file needs to be recalculated.
Try to recalculate Flash-CHK from modified file and replace original checksum with new one. "

I'm sorry for my language selection.
I noticed that NOKIAGURU posted through finnish service-provider, so that's why I replied in finnish. /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

( Quite exotic language, isn't it? /n/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif )

MTL

NokDoc
03-03-2002, 12:53 AM
Hi to all.

The second Checksum:
Yep, nFree program (>1.3) mention 2 Flash checksums, in MCU at Loc .0038 and after the PPM data pack.
The .0038 is calced within the faid calc procedure and calc's over the MCU+PPM data.
This one can be calced for yourself if using the fchk.c calculation or Tek's calculator.

The other checksum, Just some suggestions:
- It has to be sort of PPM data only Checksum?
- It could be calced over the hole of the PPM data pack?
- It could be calced as a sum of each individual PPM pack checksums?
- Must be though stuff, nFree & flash analyser just shows the second value, they don't calc to verify if it's correct.
Anyone has same or other ideas?

As far as byte changing in PPM, I never suceeded in swapping the 'e' & 'u' from 'menu'. Those chars aren't on a Mod32 location so no recalc was required!
Error 'contact service' were common in this testings, must be good indicator for checksum related errors.

My appreciation Mr MTL, it's a good Job U did to inform all collegea interrested, nice clear demos too.
Little note, keep the language international, I do like to read about these sort experiments.
I'm not capable of flashing myself at the moment so I have to rely on other man's experiences.

NokDoc

||Joe
03-03-2002, 09:34 AM
Thanks NokDoc!

I'm happy share the information I have studied on flashes.

Sorry about the language in my previous post, won't happen again /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

MTL

nokiaguru
03-03-2002, 04:41 PM
Yes orginal works ok.But when modified soft is machine with ppm chksums calculated with flashanalyser it does same as when FAID is wrong.

I havent tried yet full 20-40 flashing.
Then Imei changes also but does phone work after FAID calc?

I had frieds 3310 but be took it back and i have some testing later this week.

I have changed melodies and menu textes for 8210 and that worked well.

Flashanalyser by albert@avcorner tells that 6150 20-40 flash has last chksum wrong but it works normally. ppm8 chksum is all zeros but calculated is something else. Why?
Should it be left to zeros?

Can someone tell why rolis 5.14 flasher doesnt regonize my phone and tell that phone type is wrong.

xone
03-03-2002, 05:28 PM
Hi MTL, thanks for the translation =)

In another topic you wrote:
"This is wery important:
When updating phone with modified flash-file, FAID CANNOT be calculated with NK_CALC or 'EEPROM Tools V3.0'.
'B-phreaks logger' & 'B-Phreaks log calculator' combination works perfectly with modified flashes."

Maybe this is my problem because I use the B- preaks EEPROM Tools to calculate Faid. You say the Logger/calculator does work, is this Logger 1.7? Because Logger 2.0 does the same as Eeprom Tools, doesnt it?

nokiaguru
07-03-2002, 08:20 PM
I solved problem to downgrading to 4.xx series software.
Orginal was 5.10