DNewbies
14-11-2002, 04:00 AM
To all the GSM master out there. Hope u can help me to answer a few question.
First of all what I'm trying to do here is replace all the factory ringtones in 3315 ver 5.59 with my own ringtones (all in *.re format with special effect).
After editing the ringtones. I notice that some ringtones won't play when there is an incoming call but play OK when u go to TONES to preview it.
Then i found out that there are some overlapping Tone IDs. So i use a program call rttl to re.exe to correct the tone IDs so that there is no repeated or overlapping tone IDs.
After doing so,i flashed the phone but then i still have some ringtones that won't play when there is an incoming call but play OK when u go to TONES to preview it. I checked the flash file with PPMManager, there is no repeated/overlapping Tone IDs but i notice there are some repeated/overlapping (having the same) Tone Desc or it's called Tone Short Name (eg. RING, _LOW,_BEE). I thought the repeated/overlapping Tone Short Name maybe is the reason why the ringtones won't play when there is an incoming call, so i edit the *.re ringtones again using the Hexworkshop to change all their Tone Short Name.
After Make sure there is NO repeated Tones IDs and Tone Short Name, I flash the phone again but then again I'm having the same problem where some ringtones won't play when there is an incoming call but play well in the TONES preview.
Anyone kind to tell me what went wrong here?
Thanks a million in advance.
First of all what I'm trying to do here is replace all the factory ringtones in 3315 ver 5.59 with my own ringtones (all in *.re format with special effect).
After editing the ringtones. I notice that some ringtones won't play when there is an incoming call but play OK when u go to TONES to preview it.
Then i found out that there are some overlapping Tone IDs. So i use a program call rttl to re.exe to correct the tone IDs so that there is no repeated or overlapping tone IDs.
After doing so,i flashed the phone but then i still have some ringtones that won't play when there is an incoming call but play OK when u go to TONES to preview it. I checked the flash file with PPMManager, there is no repeated/overlapping Tone IDs but i notice there are some repeated/overlapping (having the same) Tone Desc or it's called Tone Short Name (eg. RING, _LOW,_BEE). I thought the repeated/overlapping Tone Short Name maybe is the reason why the ringtones won't play when there is an incoming call, so i edit the *.re ringtones again using the Hexworkshop to change all their Tone Short Name.
After Make sure there is NO repeated Tones IDs and Tone Short Name, I flash the phone again but then again I'm having the same problem where some ringtones won't play when there is an incoming call but play well in the TONES preview.
Anyone kind to tell me what went wrong here?
Thanks a million in advance.