PDA

View Full Version : pointers please

CyberKhan
14-11-2002, 11:14 PM
hi all,

very interested in low-level programming cell phones of all sorts, just wondering if anyone can recommend me software tools, hardware, vendors etc & where to read up. thanks much.

w0rf
28-12-2002, 02:05 PM
well, I'm kinda looking for the same information:)

Have been reading a bit on this forum, think we should start with reading about winarm & arm.

Although openen a non 5110 flashfile (only one I got an ifo for) results in a lot of questionmarks in winarm.
wonder if there is any header in the fls, that the *real* program starts at a certain offset?

so how you guys get a decent view in winarm, coz assembler is already difficult enough, don't feel like talking machinecode:)

pico
01-01-2003, 02:36 PM
up to 0x00200040 in any Nokia DCT3 flashfile is the boot sector, that contains vital information needed at startup/flash programming mode initilization such as flash ID.
after those first lines, you are straight in the ARM code of the phones software.
to be honest you are starting a little high when saying you would like to reprogram a phone like that, maybe try writing some simple ASM programs for PIC's to start as its quite similar code. if you see the winarm site you can find full info on the ARM architecture and also reference for the mnemonics you see in winarm.
to get a good view in winarm, depends what you are looking at. like for bitmaps, just select view>bitmap :)