PDA

View Full Version : Edit PPM pack solution working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abe
01-03-2002, 05:10 AM
NOTE: i just tried to modify the PPM pack with hexeditor....just one word.....it says INSERT FUCKING CARD (in croatian) on display of my phone....
I DID THIS:

1.edit word in hexeditor in ppm pack and save......(i did only one)
2.open file with flash analyzer and see changed checksum...is RED
3. look the adress after the shown checksum and look for the checksum that is readed GREEN.....
4. find the adress where checksum is located in hexeditor and replace the checksum by writing the RED one......
5.save file......
6.flash to phone...NO CONTACT SERVICE......buut no network......
and all 4 lock closed(tested on 5110...so try on other phones,but make eeprom backup first).....to repair that read previous post by me about repairing 4 locks
7.update faid befor repairing all 4 locks.....
8.repair all 4 locks(maybe on other phones you dont get all 4 locks closed-> on my 5110 it got right after flashing ppm)
9.done.......

now my phone says INSERT FUCKING CARD(in croatian),all lock open,and no problems with network.......

Post results please.......regards............

P.S. now i need only solution to edit the ppm pack in other way not hexedit.......or also hexedit but i need adding more bytes to ppm pack because sometimes i need longer WORDS......any suggestion waiting.......

Regards....Abe

Abe
01-03-2002, 05:51 AM
Tested again.......NO 4 LOCKS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone if wants to try here is edited ppm pack for 5110 any 5.30 witch says INSERT MY COCK! on display when power on the phone.......
After flashing-> faid update with eeprom tools by bphraeks 3.0 and reset eeprom by nokiatool..........
Regards........now someone can make PPM manager finally............
I hope so....regards........

||Joe
01-03-2002, 05:55 AM
Hi abe!

I have added new languages to my PPM

If you want, I'll post example tomorrow for how to change length of text-strings.

Smoother
01-03-2002, 06:08 AM
MTL could u post it? or send it to my mail
;) THX

Smoother
01-03-2002, 06:10 AM
Abe I will do it! but need to know how to correct checksums without any external program... Any idea?

Abe
01-03-2002, 06:25 AM
Smoother....
no...just replacing checksums in hex editor........
or you can modify the flash analyzer to do it by presiing F1 for example......

Iccang
01-03-2002, 07:43 AM
@MTL: Please post it here.. Thanks /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

BR,
Iccang
======

xone
01-03-2002, 02:24 PM
I tried it on a 3330, and it doesn't work... I changed the checksum in a hexeditor, and after that I run flash analyser again and the red changed into green.

When I read my phone after flashing with nokiatool, all locks are stil open, but no network and it restarts after 30secs...

Also after updating FAID and repairing all locks, it has no network and keeps restarting..

(The texts i have changed however, look cool on the phone btw =))

Leandros
01-03-2002, 02:31 PM
did this long time before and it works perfectly (with my 8850, 8210, 3210 and 7110).
but take care to _change_ the chars only and to not change the length!

regards,

Leandros

fan
01-03-2002, 03:25 PM
@Smoother: look at this source, this tool can fix crc in flash files.

regards,

Fan

Smoother
01-03-2002, 07:18 PM
FanWina: THX for the source.....
I think PPM manager will be available in few days....i need time only! =)