PDA

View Full Version : 3285 unlocking

tech1029
16-11-2002, 04:24 PM
Help please i'm a newbie. I have come into 2 3285's that are locked. When i get into programming i'm asked to enter service prog code. I have never delt with this before. I have downloaded nokiasoc and wintesla 7.05. nothing seems to talk to the phone. I think it might be a cable thing. I have 2 data cables but I dont know if they are f-bus or m-bus or how to tell. Can someone point me to or explain how to tell or make one of these cables and which one i need to do this. I saw on another post someone asked for dll's for 5185/3285 i think i need them for wintesla? Short of playing with the menus on unlocked phones i haven't played since bulding a cable for the old bag phones and cloning it to my flip. I'm sorry I don't have anything to trade as all i got came from here.

jibril_s
19-11-2002, 01:34 AM
Don't feel bad Im newbie trying to find knowledge too. I know this much if you cable has a switch on it then it a manual data cable. If no switch then it'll automaticly switch depending on the requirements of the program. Some programs don't like autoswitching cables. I just tried using nokiasoc on a 3285 after reading your post and it wont work on mine either. However mine does not have a programming lock on it (it's from alltel, they never have locks on their cdma phones). Nokiasoc works on my 5165 though. And for wintesla you need the dll's for it to read a cdma or tdma phone. That's wat im currently looking for myself.