PDA

View Full Version : How to modify my 3390 like my friends spy phone

anteros511
19-11-2002, 10:46 PM
Today my friend showed me his Nokia 3390 that has the "spy phone" feature. I told him I could change my 3390 do to the same thing and he doesn't believe me, so I'm trying to prove a point. I'm just learning how to flash, program, etc... You guys are probably familiar with the way they work. But how exactly do I make any or all of the following modifications:

Program a hidden menu to be able to enter a telephone number, the phone stays on, but when a call comes from the preprogrammed number (using caller id?) it answers without ringing or the display changing and enables the microphone. The phone looks and acts normal otherwise.

He also said that he's getting an 8890 with the above feature in addition to the following:

Press two buttons (I think #2 and #3) simutaneously and the phone goes into standby mode, the next call it receives it automatically answers without ringing or the display changing and enables the microphone.

So, in summary I need to learn how to:

*Create a hidden menu (maybe with g3n0lite?)
*Program in a phone number
*Automatically answer when 3390 is called from that number
*Silent or no ringtone
*No lights flashing or display changing
*Use a 2 key combination to enter this "fake" standby mode

If anyone can help me I know it's you guys!! It will be cool to see who can be the first to figure this one out (unless it's already old news!) Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated! TIA

green gerbil
20-11-2002, 12:36 AM
I think your friend is shitting you. All you have to do to make a "spy phone" is to assign a silent ringtone to the number in the phonebook and turn on auto answer. The #2 and #3 shit is bs too but it would be easy to program in.

ldril
20-11-2002, 08:58 AM
It's pretty hard to do it.
Has your friend showed you the secret menu for entering the phone number? How did he enter in that menu?

Apart from this information you could have the same functions in no time ;)
All you have to do is to read the flash from your friends phone. Then you write the flash in your phone. But if your friend has payed for this I don't think he'll give you the phone to play with.

About the bs thing: is it possible to make the phone autoanswer at just one number and behave normally for the rest? Also when autoanswering the display stays unmodified like in standby mode? I don't have a 3390, but I don't think this is the case.

Best regards,
Ldril

ryan_chong
20-11-2002, 09:18 AM
I agreed with green_gerbil coz i really never heard that before.I dunno how real izzit but really sound impossible.
Anyway,if u find out the way to do this,please let us know ok?
Thanks a lot......

anteros511
20-11-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by ldril
It's pretty hard to do it.
Has your friend showed you the secret menu for entering the phone number? How did he enter in that menu?

Apart from this information you could have the same functions in no time ;) All you have to do is to read the flash from your friends phone. Then you write the flash in your phone. But if your friend has payed for this I don't think he'll give you the phone to play with.

Yea I thought of just copying his flash and he said he WOULD lend me the phone for a day (that made me happy) he said "if you can do it, I dont care!" If the phone is locked can I still read the flash without unlocking or changing anything? I'm wondering if the lock is removed/ changed if the "spy" feature will see that and screw up. Also, I'm assuming to do the whole thing (ie. MCU+PPM+EPROM) ??

anteros511
20-11-2002, 06:14 PM
Examples of places selling these phones:

http://www.microelec.com/spyphone.htm

http://www.action-spy.com/GSMspy.htm

cyclo
20-11-2002, 06:52 PM
These spy phones are sold in a lot of different webshops actually. So obviously it's not a fake. If you get to flash the phone, you should post it here, so people can start looking into it :)

slikmik
20-11-2002, 06:56 PM
Yeah this sounds cool! :cool:

PLEASE do post the full flash here - mcu ppm and eeprom
eeprom seperately would be good

Nice one

Mike

Wildheart Baby
20-11-2002, 09:13 PM
this sounds like the trick with the 5110, where you conect two pins to make it think a hands free is connected then set to no tone and auto answer

acts like a spy phone, those phone prices were a bit steep

anteros511
20-11-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Wildheart Baby
this sounds like the trick with the 5110, where you conect two pins to make it think a hands free is connected then set to no tone and auto answer - acts like a spy phone, those phone prices were a bit steep

Exactly! It seems like it would be a pretty simple software modification to me! On top of that, those prices are friggin' crazy! I mean it should be quick after you've figured it out to flash additional phones, and they want $1000 for it!!?? Geeessshh! Anyway, I just need to learn how to change the programming to do such things such as silent auto-answer from a particular number that is calling... I mean the 33xx you can already set a specific ring tone to a caller to identify them easier, then whats not to say to make a blank (silent) ringtone and assign it to that caller! Then the only next step would be to auto-answer that call as well! Thats why I figured it might be easy for you guys to help me with this, it seems like you guys are doing a LOT more complicated things here! :D

Wildheart Baby
21-11-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by anteros511

I mean the 33xx you can already set a specific ring tone to a caller to identify them easier, then whats not to say to make a blank (silent) ringtone and assign it to that caller!

what if you forgot that you set a ringtone for somebody who phoned, the spy phone and you'd hidden the phone, soon be discovered

the stuff that seems more complex probably isn't really,

this sounds like some kind of re programming of the code that makes the phone function

rather than the graphics or tones, perhaps they reverse engineered that ability from a phone with it :)

cyclo
21-11-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by anteros511

I mean the 33xx you can already set a specific ring tone to a caller to identify them easier, then whats not to say to make a blank (silent) ringtone and assign it to that caller! Then the only next step would be to auto-answer that call as well!

This isn't enought for the following simple reason: Even if you assign a silent ringtone to a phone number, the display will still light up, and show incoming call...

green gerbil
21-11-2002, 03:17 AM
Well, you could just set the phone to silent and nobody else calling would alert anyone. By all means post the flash but there are a lot of stupidities with the whole thing. First, yes the phone will show call stuff on the screen but that shouldnt be an issue as the main way this could work is if its left in a hidden place that they can can't notice (3390 mics pick up stuff from a long ways away). I for one would not talk about sensetive stuff in front of some strange phone that had no reason to be there. Leaving your phone arround people you dont like (why are you spying on them?) is also not a good idea, I would snatch it up and keep it if I saw it. I could see it being useful in some situations, but mainly if your friends are backstabbing bastards. On another note, I have heard some strange conversations from friends who forget to lock their keypad and end up calling me without knowing it.

Wildheart Baby
21-11-2002, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by green gerbil
On another note, I have heard some strange conversations from friends who forget to lock their keypad and end up calling me without knowing it.

I knew somebody who's friends used to leave phone in back pocket so he'd often receive a call from somebody's butt :)

ashley001
05-08-2006, 12:46 AM
hi freind.

do u hav any idea which two pins to bridge to activate this function?

if so please mail me on [email protected]

many thanks..

ashley

this sounds like the trick with the 5110, where you conect two pins to make it think a hands free is connected then set to no tone and auto answer

acts like a spy phone, those phone prices were a bit steep