PDA

View Full Version : NOKIAFREE.ORG Server is SOOO SLOW!

kiddomarc
21-11-2002, 05:20 AM
I think its because of our files, and the downloads taking place!

do you think we should all just build a website where we know the username and password and simply upload our files there directly to divert traffic?? ummm... just an idea. the server is really slow nowadays!

mydonnay
21-11-2002, 07:44 AM
Nice idea IF everyone will agree :)

If you use e-groups like Yahoo or MSN, the size is limited :(

If we will use somenes website (let's say mine or others), it will be great :)

BUT

Everyone must agree or disagree :) and must not forget to spend time to come here in Nokiafree.org :) to talk about the software, games and Nokia 7650 :)

mydonnay
21-11-2002, 09:17 AM
notice it's no slow today :) kiddo :)

kiddomarc
21-11-2002, 09:55 AM
ummm... but still that would help. and yes, ofcourse we will be back here, only the files will be left there.

nanabols
21-11-2002, 10:12 AM
Good Idea! It's probably safer to post the files in e-groups since publishers will be able to trace the host, provider, and thus owner if the files are posted on a website.

kiddomarc
21-11-2002, 10:40 AM
maybe mydonnay could share his site. :)

Z82
21-11-2002, 10:55 AM
http://www.neo-modus.com

This is a prog called Direct Connect its a Peer 2 Peer file sharing program. If someone wants to run a Direct Connect hub then we can all go there to share our Nokia progs (and other stuff to). Whoever wants to run the hub would need a fast connection and need to be on 24/7 they could post the hub addy here and password it so that only visitors of this site will access it.

Kilrah
22-11-2002, 09:04 AM
slikmik already has an FTP server for nokiafree... I'm uploading there at the moment...
ftp://slikmik.remoteserver.org
user guest
pass guest

Regards
Kilrah