PDA

View Full Version : how to do a hard reset?

BoyBastos
22-11-2002, 05:07 PM
hi was wondering how to hard reset our phone nokia 7650?

i have contacts of 350 entries and i did the default thingy and it made my contact file 1780 kb :(

need to know how to change it back thanks

mydonnay
22-11-2002, 05:15 PM
what default thingy you did? u mean u entered *#7370# ?

if yes, entering *#7370# then lock code 12345 (if not changed) should also delete your contacts together with the apps and games and pictures, ringtones etc.. that you installed and saved.

BoyBastos
22-11-2002, 05:34 PM
how do i save my contacts? before reseting my phone?

i tried using nokia suite for 7650 on my lap top but it cant detect the infra red connection.

i have a 9210 suite installed on my lap top too is that a problem?

but when i turn on my ir from my phone it can send vcard file to the laptop but i cant seem to get it to work for the nokia suite.

thanks

Symbian
22-11-2002, 05:41 PM
Yep...

-BUT BE SHURE,THAT THE BATTERIE IS ALLWAYS FULL!!!!
if u do a Hardreset.

-Also have patience,if u do it...
u will see only a white screen,and this between 3-7 minutes,it depend,how much memory the 7650 must delete....

-NEVER PUT OUT THE BATTERIE in middle of a hardreset!!!

Symbian-OS can not reboot anymore,and all u can do is bring it to your NSC.

-If there is the pop-up:startup failed,contact service

only ignore it,and enter again the Hardreset-code...
(if u make shure that sim-lock-code is out before u do the the HR.
it will even not show this popup.

-if once there will be the strartup failed without a HR.
try this:

-do nothing,only put out the phone with the power-button.(do not put out the batterie!!)

-recharge the batterie some hours...

-know u should restart the phone without problems...

_only if thew startup failed-syndrom comes up,because there was to less memory,it will not work all the same....

but this is another story,and i will make soon a thread about it....

(only be shure,that if u have only about 400-500kb. memory less on your phone,that there are not too much programms open.
Because they share also memory of C,so the phone somethimes crash down)

Sämi

mydonnay
22-11-2002, 05:46 PM
2 PC Suites? it could be the problem.. but I'm not sure because I never tried installing 2 pc suites of Nokia.

BoyBastos
22-11-2002, 05:48 PM
thanks guys only 300 kb left :(

i played around wiuth contacts, u guys know when u select a contact then u choose what default number he has. i made that and it ate up all my memory :( can i do something about this? i tried removing the default numbers again but it didnt help.

should i proceed with hard reset?

how can i save my contacts to my pc?

mydonnay
22-11-2002, 05:55 PM
to save/transfer contacts to from 7650 to pc/laptop, u need to have MS Outlook or Lotus notes/organizer. You need to use infrared or BT to synchronise the contacts from 7650 to pc/laptop.

i played around wiuth contacts, u guys know when u select a contact then u choose what default number he has. i made that and it ate up all my memory can i do something about this? i tried removing the default numbers again but it didnt help.

ummm another issue of contacts here :( haven't tried to select a default # for each or one of the contacts here. But I'll play around too :) and i'll see what will happen to the memory.

No, don't do a hard reset - not a big issue (yet).. just kidding.

seriously, don't

BoyBastos
22-11-2002, 05:59 PM
hehe thanks man i only got about 300 contacts and the file size is a whooping 1678 kb lol if i were u dont play around with the default numbers i tried changing it back but it increased the file size :(