PDA

View Full Version : Import sms to phone?

therock
23-11-2002, 11:00 AM
Is there any soft available where you can import sms to your phone?Cause i want to import ascii sms and it would be far more easier to send them with a cable to my outbox in the phone,than have to find an sms geaway and sne it!So is there a solution?

liteFun
23-11-2002, 12:07 PM
tried panuworld flashmsg program?
http://www.panuworld.net/nuukiaworld/download/index.htm

cyclo
23-11-2002, 02:30 PM
You can use gammu or gnokii :)

therock
27-11-2002, 10:31 PM
What is the exact command i have to use on gammu my friend cyclo?cheers...

cyclo
29-11-2002, 12:19 AM
Sorry for the slow reply.

You gotta use gammu --savesms TEXT [......]

The --savesms TEXT option has a large amout of different switches you can use.

Try gammu --help for an overview ;-)

therock
29-11-2002, 06:57 PM
Thanx man!Also can you save your inbox sms,and after deleting them to restore them back in your inbox?And at last what command makes the lines scroll slower so i can see all the commands to use in gammu?Thanx...

cyclo
30-11-2002, 03:23 AM
I think --getsms is the command. Don't remember. You also have an option to create a backup file of all of the information on the phone.
Hehe. For the scrolling bit: It depends on what OS you are running. But here is a little tip: The exact same text as the --help function prints can be found in one of the help files...

therock
30-11-2002, 04:44 PM
Hey cyclo my firend i need more help in how to import sms to my phone plz!Let's say i want o write "hi" and save it in my inbox as an unsent message will the command be:gammu --savesms TEXT [1] [unread] then press enter write"hi" and then what do i do to import this to phone?Plz help my friend!Thanx a lot!

cyclo
30-11-2002, 05:21 PM
The command you would want to use is:

gammu --savesms TEXT -folder number=1 -unread

If your OS is windows:
After you have written hi you hit enter again, then hit Ctrl+z and enter once again.

therock
30-11-2002, 08:07 PM
Hey cyclo your the man!IT actually worked !How can i thanj you?But sadly i still have som mre tasks to go!Firstly i want to know if you can copy paste froma notepad to the ms dos screen or do i have to write every single character from the keypad?:( And at last how can i change language on the ms-dos modE?My language is greek,so how can i appear greek characters in the command lines?Thanx,cheers!

cyclo
30-11-2002, 08:36 PM
Before I can answer I need to know what os you are using. Win XP?

Anyway if you start the shell with cmd.exe (only XP and 2000 you can right click the mouse to paste)

Changing the language I have no idea how to do.

therock
30-11-2002, 11:47 PM
I have win Millenium but that right click thing doesn't seem to work!Any other way my frined?

cyclo
30-11-2002, 11:55 PM
Try clicking on the little dos icon on the top left of your dos window. You should get a menu. Choose: Edit -> Paste

therock
01-12-2002, 12:38 AM
OK i found a way,but thanx for all the help my friend,surely i wouldn't have done it without you!Also how can i set a logo with gammu?it support big logos for 3310?cheers!

cyclo
01-12-2002, 03:31 AM
No prob. :)

Do you mean picturemessages? Or do you perhaps mean large operator logos. Large operator logos are only supported on phones with large displays, like 6210 and 7110. Picturemessages however are supported....

therock
01-12-2002, 12:15 PM
I mean large operator logos like 6210!Cause Someonce i send some logos from boltblue in the 7110 size and thyey actually fitted,but now tha i save the logo and import it through cable some part of it is being cut,why's that?

cyclo
01-12-2002, 05:36 PM
I can't quite see how you managed to get a large op. logo on a 3310. This isn't supposed to be possible. You can send a op. logo of any size you like to any phone, but the phone will automatically chop it to the largest op. logo it can show.