PDA

View Full Version : 7650 messaging error

parot
23-11-2002, 02:05 PM
help... 7650 messaging error.. i tried *#7370# now the phone says "phone start up failed contact retailer"

why????? help please...

mydonnay
23-11-2002, 04:51 PM
Parot,

Turn it off and make sure that battery is full or at least full. Then try to turn it on again and let's see what happens.

If you still receive the same error, you need to bring your 7650 to Nokia Service Center to reflash it. If you have old firmware version, they should upgrade your firmware.

Good Luck

parot
24-11-2002, 03:02 PM
tnx in advance mydonnay..

i was just wondering why it failed to startup, i reformat a couple of 7650 last week and everything is ok... just this one gives me headache....

does *#7370# version dependent?????

mydonnay
24-11-2002, 03:09 PM
No.. it is not depending on what version we have.

Old firmware version has bugs ....

parot
24-11-2002, 03:41 PM
what version particularly has bug......? if i encounter messaging error again whats the best and safe solution to get rid of that error...??

Symbian
24-11-2002, 08:23 PM
If u have a old backup,wherethis error not exist,only put it back on your 7650.
If not,it sould be also enough,only to make a softreset.
(without the code,it is a option in Phone-menu self.)

I had this also onces,but with the S-reset it disappears...

But best solution it will be ALWAYS,if there exist a old good working backup on your PC.(if u have one,make quick a copy of it into another directory on your PC,so u can be shure,u will not once write an error over it...

mydonnay
24-11-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by parot
what version particularly has bug......? if i encounter messaging error again whats the best and safe solution to get rid of that error...??

v3.12 has been reported by lots of users to have bugs that's why Nokia released v31.6 and others are so lucky to get v4.xx

You can try Samis' advise. If it doesn't fix software reset, then hard reset is the next solution.