PDA

View Full Version : to yasser re: nk_calc

gta
25-02-2002, 05:42 AM
hi yasser, i just made the m2bus cable as you said. and finally got this soft working. i flashed a backup of an eeprom from another 8210 to my 8210 with bad eeprom. and changed the imei with hex and then flashed it to the damaged. i got my phone to power up but still it resets every 5secs even after updating it with the Nk-calc. what else should be wrong? thnx.... /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif please teach me. br gta....

Yasser
25-02-2002, 06:13 AM
Hi gta

Did u calculate FAID again???

What does NokiaTool show u now?? Locks status??

If ur IMEI is correct now.....try flashing it again, then Calculate FAID...and then reset EEPROM....and then try ur SIM......if its locked...unlock it via Rolis.

Take Care

BR

Yasser

PS...make me one of those cables plz...I am too lazy /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

gta
25-02-2002, 06:56 AM
hi, where are you from ? i'm from the philippines. my simcard works with the phone but get a reset afterwards. i also have recalculated the faid but nothing happened. it still doesn't work. any more ideas please? /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif thnx.

Yasser
25-02-2002, 07:02 AM
Hi gta!!

Follow these steps:

1) Read the phone using NokiaTool035. If the IMEI number other info is correct than ok.
2) Backup the eeprom area. (I dont know what phone u have)
3) Flash the phone with MCU & PPM for ur Nokia Model.....whatever it is with Rolis 4.77 or later.
4) Calculate FAID and update EEPROM.
5) Reset factory settings by NokiaTool035.
6) Try the SIM in your phone.
7) If the phone says. SImcard not accepted' then unlock it using Rolis 4.77 or later.
8) Try the SIM again....and see if its stable or not.....meaning....resetting or working ok.

9) Write back and let me know.

10) Make another good quality cable and send to me.... /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif))

I hope this helps

Take Care

BR

Yasser

PS...I am in London UK.

gta
25-02-2002, 09:36 AM
@yasser. actually my phone is 8210 with bad eeprom area because of bad flashing. so a got a full backup of another 8210 v526 and edited its imei recalculated its checksums with nfree. including security digit of imei. then flashed it to the bed eeprom 8210. used dejan's eeprom soft as i mentioned earlier and also calculated its faid. but it is still unstable meaning that it resets every time. it sometimes logs to network but then resets. what do you think i should do? thnx /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Iccang
25-02-2002, 09:49 AM
Hi..

@gta: You cannot repair for easy your phone, because your eeprom was damage!! That is yasser said just for phone that not damage the eeprom... Until right now, just the expert guy, can repair it!!! Bring your phone to nokia centre at your location, just them can make it, if they will.... Or, find our friend MR TMan.. and ask his advise for that problem....

@Tman: Can you... ???

BR,
Iccang
======

gta
25-02-2002, 10:57 AM
@iccang the eeprom tool of dejan can't fix my prob.i still get resets.

@tman:: please help me with this. i need it badly. /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

||Joe
25-02-2002, 09:15 PM
@gta
try copying good eeprom onto phone with bad eeprom, but do not change with hex editor. then use nk_calc to change imei

o_MAST
25-02-2002, 10:01 PM
YOu can use Nkprofile 1.17 to restart phone to factory default... (just click on
"set graphic values...") it can repair eeprom!

B.r.

Bye

||Joe
26-02-2002, 12:12 AM
@ o_mast: can you attach the nkprofile v1.17 file pls? i want to try it... thnx...

eastRain
26-02-2002, 04:19 AM
@gta
I can upload the good copy of full Backup of 8210, (MCU = 5.29, PPM = L) if you need it, (IMEI is not my own, the IMEI doesn't valid), you can use nk_calc to update FAID, calc IMEI & resets lock by then.
P/S i can only upload it at night time.

gta
26-02-2002, 04:41 AM
@eastrain: thnx. pls upload it. but i have tried to flash it with 5.28(mcu+ppm+eep) and used nk_calc for it but it still resets every now and then. but let me try the 5.29 that you said. thnx. /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Abe
26-02-2002, 05:09 PM
look......you have to restore IMEI of your original phone man.....
because you have original CObba chip but imei is from another phone......
so:
1.flash the phone with another phone's eeprom.....ž
2.go to option to change IMEI F2
3. when u changed imei now you have to change original imei also.......
4. after all reset phone....

NOTE:chnaged imei must be like in the back of the phone.......

||Joe
26-02-2002, 07:40 PM
@Iccang /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif For testing purposes I can....

@outerc0re "try copying good eeprom onto phone with bad eeprom, but do not change with hex editor. then use nk_calc to change imei "

And this worked ?? and how you manage with COBBA algorithm from other phone to bad one ? each phone has it's unique ID to calculate + all other info together with IMEI number. You have to hack COBBA IC too and clone ID from the other phone (if you want to use this kind of method to change IMEI).

@gta we've been emailed about the subject..I'll wait after your Box works...

Tman

eastRain
26-02-2002, 07:43 PM
Here's the file : )

o_MAST
26-02-2002, 08:53 PM
You can download Nkprofile 1.17 from www.logomanager.co.uk. (http://www.logomanager.co.uk.)

Bye