PDA

View Full Version : how to add t9 dictionary

Da_Emperor
27-11-2002, 04:23 AM
hello m8...

can anybody tell me how am i going to add a t9 dictionary.. let say Bahasa Malaysia or any language available... n where can i find those t9 language pack with dictionary?
i've tried viewing sum flash file with Bahasa malaysia t9 dictionary using ppmedit1.0a but couldn't find it.. i can only view those language pack
n also... how am i going to delete those language pack coz i've tried deleteting it using ppmedit 1.0a but when i flash back to the phone.. it remains the same... n sometimes it give me "contact services" error... why?

best regards
thanx in advance.

Manipulator
28-11-2002, 07:38 AM
ppmedit has some problem to delate the T9.you need to use hexworkshop to do it.
what model of nokia you using.i try to do it for you.tell me what languages pack you use,what languages/T9 you need and don't need.
or you can find on net,than some one has already done that.

cyclo
29-11-2002, 12:23 AM
Open the flash file in ppmmanager and select Tools->Explode Flash.

The t9 dictionaries will now be located in the xxxxx.8_LDB.fls file

Da_Emperor
29-11-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Manipulator
ppmedit has some problem to delate the T9.you need to use hexworkshop to do it.
what model of nokia you using.i try to do it for you.tell me what languages pack you use,what languages/T9 you need and don't need.
or you can find on net,than some one has already done that.

hello m8...

Using Hexworkshop???.... :eek:
hmmm... i wonder how long would it take 4 me 2 figure this out..:lol:
anyway, glad u can help..:lol:
i would like to have 3310 v5.79 with t9 (English & Bahasa Malaysia Only) n Languages (English & Bahasa Malaysia)

thanx a lot m8..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Manipulator
09-12-2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Da_Emperor

hello m8...

Using Hexworkshop???.... :eek:
hmmm... i wonder how long would it take 4 me 2 figure this out..:lol:
anyway, glad u can help..:lol:
i would like to have 3310 v5.79 with t9 (English & Bahasa Malaysia Only) n Languages (English & Bahasa Malaysia)

thanx a lot m8..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

hi,i have download the 3310v5.79 ppm-H,but there is only B.M text,but no B.M T9.can you tell me whice ppm got B.M t9 so i can make the file for you faster.
thanks.

optimus777
09-12-2002, 07:14 AM
hi,i have download the 3310v5.79 ppm-H,but there is only B.M text,but no B.M T9.can you tell me whice ppm got B.M t9 so i can make the file for you faster.

in version maybe 5.55 or 5.57, pack H have T9 malaysia, you can can take the T9 there....but if you want using V 5.79...
you can use pack F it had T9 english & T9 indonesia, it a little bit same with malaysian , and change the language indonesia with malaysia,....Voila....
butt, with pack F you will lose you T9 chinese with pinyin, only have 5 stroke methode and cross...

because i know in pack H is had T9 chinese pinyin,... i have tried to mix it with pack H & LDB from pack F.. it become a mess in all word....

:) :) :)

i'am using now is
3315 pack F
8250 Pack K (with indonesian language & chinese T9 pinyin)

:) :) :)

w0rf
29-12-2002, 03:25 AM
well, its rather seems to be some code then a wordlist to me
wonder if you can edit the words that it knows also

another thing..after exploding, in wich order do you have to copy these files to get an correct ppm again?:)
and what if u make changes..so that a ppm is bigger then before

thx

cyclo
30-12-2002, 04:24 PM
I think the reason it looks to you more like code than a wordlist is the following: The T9 system uses keypresses to identify what it should write, and not letters. That's why f. eks. a 6210 T9 dictionary will not work on a 3310 (because it has a different keypad)

To find the order i suggest you read the quick tutorial I wrote a while back located here: http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10746