PDA

View Full Version : Faid

SomeOne
27-11-2002, 06:18 PM
Has anyone found the FAID or Checksum for changing the ESN or other data on TDMA nokia phones?

I'm Interested in modifing my 5120, can you tell me what type of mods or tweaks can I do to this model?

Thanks in advanced :)

fgl30
27-11-2002, 10:04 PM
At this moment, it seems NOBODY can calculate FAID in Nokia TDMA.

Thatīs it, sorry

phonedudes
28-11-2002, 05:01 AM
Just to clarify what 'fgl30' stated in which is correct as far as a stand alone application goes..

But you can update FAID its just you need original factory equipment (Dongle and Full Wintesla)

Phonedudes

fgl30
28-11-2002, 10:01 PM
Thx phonedudues. Your observation is quite right.

fgl30

green gerbil
28-11-2002, 11:30 PM
I wonder who and how it was figured out on gsm, maybe those people can be contacted.

SomeOne
29-11-2002, 06:42 PM
But you can update FAID its just you need original factory equipment (Dongle and Full Wintesla)

I know this is going to sound dumb, but how dificult is to get them, and how much do they cost?

Also, reading this and the 51xx forum I saw many links that lead to Wintesla already cracked, are this a freeware version or something? If I was to reverse engineer the software could I find the FAID procedure hiding around some place?

Oh, and phonedudes, you said that the 5120 isn't a very hackeable phone, can you recomend me a model which I can tweak?

Thanks to all for your answers. :)

green gerbil
29-11-2002, 10:04 PM
I think wintesla only provides a place to enter authority id data, I doesn't calculate it. 5120 is as hackable as any nokia tdma phone. Only stuff that is more changeable is gsm.

phonedudes
29-11-2002, 10:56 PM
Difficult to get... YES VERY....As a Svc Center they keep tabs and require licensing and registration of EVERY OEM Dongle we order.

The cracked version allows some functions not normally available however the 2 sections that would do it are not.

Dont ever remember stating the '5120 isn't a very hackeable phone'. Green gerbil said it BEST ...
5120 is as hackable as any nokia tdma phone. Only stuff that is more changeable is gsm.

Since, in the states GSM is on the rise as it starts replacing the TDMA infrastructure our focus has shifted more to CDMA and GSM which is where Everything is going to.

Phonedudes :) :grin: :)