PDA

View Full Version : Original tones coming back.....????

anthony_bud
29-11-2002, 04:52 AM
Hi!

Trying to add and delete ringtones but after flashing, original ringtone's are coming back and some are duplicated.

Using PPMManager:

Tones, add 1 or more files.., jusk checked one but the whole ringtones in that directory is added.... What's the prob. in here???

Tried the "export from melody files" too, Still the same....

Using PPMSplitter:

Inserted "Centipede" but it plays "MyOhMy"...????

10 ringtones inserted but only 4 sounds the same as the title.

Is this bout the short name? How can i change them?

What really is the prob?

Thanx MUCH!!!

:) :) :)

dungol
29-11-2002, 04:37 PM
with regards to wrong tone being played you got a problem on indexing... open your flash file (mcu+ppm only) with ppmmanager then double click on "TONE" then see the tone "ID", all ID's must differ from each other. and you can edit your tone ID or index using hexworkshop.

optimus777
30-11-2002, 11:24 AM
you must put it in one folder, the edit those ringtone you want in this folder, give the the id like xxxx.xxxx.034
so you must give the new tone with this id xxxx.xxxx.035..then next xxxx.xxxx.036, next, next, do the same .... 037,038,039
then change the tone id inside the hex using hexshop.. (if is the same id it will not enter the flash):)

anthony_bud
01-12-2002, 03:21 AM
Thanx for the infos but i really don't know how to change ringtone ids using hexworkshop.

I am using ppmmanager to export tone in files and as what u've said, the ringtone's name will be like this xxxx.xxxx.nnn by default.

Tried also to move my fave tones in just one folder and renamed the shortnames using SHORTING and flashed it back... but still the same problem... one ringtone plays and sounds like the other...

The other option i just didn't do was that renaming its IDs on hexworkshop... maybe it will solve my prob.

Can you help me how to do it?

Already got a working Hexworkshop.....

Thanx! :)

[email protected]

optimus777
01-12-2002, 06:09 AM
it is simple just open your tone file with hexshop, then you can see the tone id.. in the frist top like this =
0000 0012 0000...... 12 is the tone id.....,just change the 12 if they are the same

anthony_bud
01-12-2002, 08:13 AM
Thanx mate!

Simple as that? :(

That was a very clear instruction.

Hope somebody can teach me more... :)

[email protected]