Thread: Nokia 1100: fbus or mbus? Gammu support

ehabkost is offline Registered User

Nokia 1100: fbus or mbus? Gammu support

Hi, all,

I've searched on the forum and on the FAQs for this information but I haven't found anything. So I am asking here. Sorry if this information is already available somewhere. I would be glad if someone give any pointers.

I am looking for a cable for Nokia 1100, and I've found the NK-1100 cable at ucables.com. The page says: " It includes FBUS and MBUS interface, that means it can be used in MBUS mode for: [...]". Does it means that nokia 1100 supports only Mbus? I am confused because I am going the seller of another cable said that, being Nokia 1100 a DCT4, so it uses Fbus. Which information is right? Does Nokia 1100 supports fbus, mbus or both? Do I have do do anything special, depending if the cable uses fbus or mbus?

Another question I don't know someone may help me is about the support for the cable on gammu. The Nokia page on gammu.net says that using serial Mbus cables, "the cable and connection is not very stable", but I couldn't tell if the software is unstable for mbus serial cables, or if the hardware isn't too reliable.

Another thing I would like to know is: which functions on Nokia 1100 I will be able to access using the cable? The main purpose I would like to own the cable is to synchronize the reminders/notes/addressbook on the phone.

So, in short my questions are:

- What f/m bus type is supported on Nokia 1100, and will some of them require special procedures to be usable?
    - Would the cable work with gammu (on Linux), even being serial and using Mbus?
    - Which functions on Nokia 1100 are acessible using the cable?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

--
    Eduardo
    Last edited by ehabkost; 01-05-2005 at 10:05 PM.

sergo_zmeia is offline Administrator

Hi!

In general U have typed some many things and U asked almost nothing...what U need the cable for...about F/M bus functions we have too many posts so I dont thing to discuss these things here..U just need to read the archives...also...if U want some help..post Ur problem..not just some things U want to know..cause they are somewhere around...gimme info..and Ill give U the right information...
    WBR!
    sergo_zmeia
    Im the wind forever free...

ehabkost is offline Registered User
    Sorry if I wasn't clear on my questions. I gave most information I had, as I don't know which information people would need.

My problem is: I have a 1100 and I want to use gammu to access its functions (all functions I could use. My main purpose is accessing the phonebook and notes, but if I can do other stuff, I would be glad), and I want just to check if the cable I was going to buy would work with Gammu on Linux.

This is what I want to do, and my main question.

But of course I've tried to find the solution myself, instead of asking, that is why my question has lots of information and more specific questions.

I've spent some time searching on the archives so I could understand if 1100 would support fbus or mbus (or both), and understand how it would affect the use of gammu, and if I need to do something special to make it work. Sorry if the answer is already somewhere, but I wasn't able to find this info.

Thanks for you attention, and sorry for the inconvenience,

--
    Eduardo
    Last edited by ehabkost; 01-05-2005 at 10:04 PM.

sergo_zmeia is offline Administrator

Hi!

Well U will need DKU2 cable I think...bout linux stuff...forget it...all aplications are microsoft related....software is free...U will only need to buy a cable...all other things U can find around here...
    Regards!
    sergo_zmeia
    Im the wind forever free...

Thread Information