Thread: why smartmovie..

mathlord is offline Registered User

why smartmovie..

i got some conclusions about movies generally, and here they are

1- in my opinion, the best one is smartmovie [this may sound too jerky without explanation, so here it comes]

smart movie just does everything in the most appropriate way. i did play with vdub settings, changing frame rate, compression codecs, different quality settings, resolution settings. then i re-converted that vdub-converted movie with smartmovie.. but none of them resulted a positive thing. always worse than what smartmovie does on its own with reasonable optimizations. you DO get a smaller file when changing those parameters but it DOES take `a lot` from qualitywise..

2- i didnot try the mobiclip, since having no rewind or ff option is really dumb.

3- tried a prog called rm converter that makes those rm files, yeah it converted some $hit and result is so lousy that i cannot describe how bad it is. fast moving scenes take a lot of cpu power and i will never know how it cant handle such scenes while smartmovie can.

4- 3gp is a real bullshit anyway. i put those ones on the site but nah, its just crap compared to smartmovie. especially the 8k sound bitrate limit is disgusting

conclusion

pick smartmovie if you still didnot so. and if i had an international credit card, i could think i would really register the product since it deserves the 30$ price tag at its most. those guys has programmed a really nice prog. and they dont rob us like those jerks at helix producer `shit`udios. they just want us to pay for time they consumed for making this. anyways, just shared my thoughts. cheers

BizzyRok is offline Registered User
    your right smart movie is the best

tzeonn is offline Symbian Moderator
    to each his own preferences mate, but i like smart movie too, its easy to convert movies. pity it missed out on the repeat play functions. but its great.
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Read rules here before posting!

Nokiafree Symbian Faqs Section

nk_au is offline Registered User
    Does Smart Movie convert *.wmv to *.3gp? I've got this good quality video I want on my phone. Not telling what it is ...

kristoficus is offline Registered User
    No, but it will convert your WMV video into an amazing quality (depending on your settings) AVI video playable with the smartmovie Symbian side player.

Send me the clip too

tzeonn is offline Symbian Moderator
    smart movie can onli play avi files, and the converter converts mani formats, like mpeg, wma to avi format.
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Read rules here before posting!

Nokiafree Symbian Faqs Section

nk_au is offline Registered User
    So you guys are saying that I can convert that strip vid from *.wmv to *.avi using Smart Movie. And we can leave it there, install Smart Movie on the 6600 ... and play the clip.

Or we can convert *.wmv to *.avi to *.mpg to *.3gp? Using some software that I don't know about or even own ... help?

Or should I stick with the first option?

tahir182 is offline Registered User

About Smart Movie

Hello to all
    i want to ask that did someone help me that after converting the songs where we will upload it. i cant understand and then how to play it. Please help me . tahir182@yahoo.com

Mavarick is offline Registered User

steps how to get your DVD on your phone with smartmovie

Quote Originally Posted by mathlord
    i

conclusion

pick smartmovie if you still didnot so. and if i had an international credit card, i could think i would really register the product since it deserves the 30$ price tag at its most. those guys has programmed a really nice prog. and they dont rob us like those jerks at helix producer `shit`udios. they just want us to pay for time they consumed for making this. anyways, just shared my thoughts. cheers
    allright, i want to use smartmovie also, but can someone give me a short manual in steps how to get your DVD on your phone? I have the program and the converter on my pc, but i get lost in all the settings, codecs i (don't) need. Thxs in advance!

Thread Information