Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Somethign draining my 6600 battery

  1. #1
    twr7cx's Avatar
    twr7cx is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Howrah Heights, Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    201

    Post Somethign draining my 6600 battery

    Both of my batteries on my 6600 only last a little over 24 hours now. I presume there's some program that's running in the background causing this, but I can't find out which anyone know how to do this?

  2. #2
    marklloydbinar's Avatar
    marklloydbinar is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by twr7cx
    Both of my batteries on my 6600 only last a little over 24 hours now. I presume there's some program that's running in the background causing this, but I can't find out which anyone know how to do this?
    On the standby screen, holdon the menu key for a second, another window(upper left) will come up to show active apps currently running. On this you can see what apps running on background... Or get an application manager, like a task manager - proccess, you can see also whats apps and files running on yor phone.

  3. #3
    lordzeus is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2

    same problem

    i have the same problem on my n6600
    but there's no background app
    and another thing when i try to access the SimCard Phone Contacts
    the phone just say "Acessing SimCard Contacts..." and dont leave this screen
    and i cant receive any sms msg it's says that my memory it's full and i have to delete some itens frist, does anyone has see something like this? does it have a solution? like hard reset(format)?

  4. #4
    marklloydbinar's Avatar
    marklloydbinar is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzeus
    i have the same problem on my n6600
    but there's no background app
    and another thing when i try to access the SimCard Phone Contacts
    the phone just say "Acessing SimCard Contacts..." and dont leave this screen
    and i cant receive any sms msg it's says that my memory it's full and i have to delete some itens frist, does anyone has see something like this? does it have a solution? like hard reset(format)?
    Do you check the memory status of your phone when it says memory full - what is the status (memory size)? Phone hard reset is *#7370#, just type the no. then enter your security code, make sure your battery is 3/4 full before formatting.

  5. #5
    farsh2002's Avatar
    farsh2002 is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    RUSSIA
    Posts
    1,736

    (-;

    My battery works about 1 day too. And it's ok.

    Maybe You have caribe.sis virus (but if you restart phone it must be deeted)

    Use AppMan application to check what progs are runing and close them.

    GoodLuck

  6. #6
    twr7cx's Avatar
    twr7cx is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Howrah Heights, Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    201
    ok, after a reset (power off, power on) if i hold down the menu button, Phiscoloc Task Man says that Telephone and Menu are running, which is normal. If I open Appman, it says the running processes are 'Phone', 'AppMan' and 'Menu C:\Men...'. So that's fair enough and normal.
    If I go accross to processes, it lists:
    AppMan
    Menu *
    ScreenSaver *
    SW_PL_DAEMON
    TaskMan
    sdDaemon
    iserverarcexe *
    ePSwitcher
    eAlarm
    Dataconnectionlog... *
    sdp *
    faxmodem *
    emon *
    SYSTEMAMS *
    WALLETSERVER *
    UNIPERTAR *
    Schexe *
    CBSSERVER *
    CLKNITZMDLS *
    CalenSvr *
    btmanserver *
    SATSERVER *
    BTServer *
    Ncnlist *
    wimcertsrv *
    WAPSTKSRV *
    CIBAMSVR
    AVServer

    The ones with * after have a blue cog next to there name, there's about another 8 listed on the phone with blue cogs but I got sick of typing them...

    If I go accross to Open Files there's another huge list about 15 to 25 of things.

    I've got SimWorks Anti-Virus instaled and that shows the phones clean after a scan.

  7. #7
    marklloydbinar's Avatar
    marklloydbinar is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    233
    [QUOTE=twr7cx]
    If I go accross to processes, it lists:
    AppMan
    Menu *
    ScreenSaver *
    SW_PL_DAEMON
    TaskMan
    sdDaemon
    iserverarcexe *
    ePSwitcher
    eAlarm
    Dataconnectionlog... *
    sdp *
    faxmodem *
    emon *
    SYSTEMAMS *
    WALLETSERVER *
    UNIPERTAR *
    Schexe *
    CBSSERVER *
    CLKNITZMDLS *
    CalenSvr *
    btmanserver *
    SATSERVER *
    BTServer *
    Ncnlist *
    wimcertsrv *
    WAPSTKSRV *
    CIBAMSVR
    AVServer
    [QUOTE]

    As i saw your phone proccess list, i think you are very much using your phone (phone surfing, etc.), and expected to drain your battery less than a day dealing this. Do you try to make your phone on a standby mode on much time rather than using it, if the draining time is same as you often use the phone, i think better to remove some apps, like antivirus or any....

    Hope you understand my poor english. And also mate, try not to turn off your phone frequently, this will result decreasing of battery life....
    Last edited by marklloydbinar; 13-07-2005 at 10:37 AM.

  8. #8
    farsh2002's Avatar
    farsh2002 is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    RUSSIA
    Posts
    1,736
    Quote Originally Posted by twr7cx
    ok, after a reset (power off, power on) if i hold down the menu button, Phiscoloc Task Man says that Telephone and Menu are running, which is normal. If I open Appman, it says the running processes are 'Phone', 'AppMan' and 'Menu C:\Men...'. So that's fair enough and normal.
    If I go accross to processes, it lists:
    AppMan
    Menu *
    ScreenSaver *
    SW_PL_DAEMON
    TaskMan
    sdDaemon
    iserverarcexe *
    ePSwitcher
    eAlarm
    Dataconnectionlog... *
    sdp *
    faxmodem *
    emon *
    SYSTEMAMS *
    WALLETSERVER *
    UNIPERTAR *
    Schexe *
    CBSSERVER *
    CLKNITZMDLS *
    CalenSvr *
    btmanserver *
    SATSERVER *
    BTServer *
    Ncnlist *
    wimcertsrv *
    WAPSTKSRV *
    CIBAMSVR
    AVServer

    The ones with * after have a blue cog next to there name, there's about another 8 listed on the phone with blue cogs but I got sick of typing them...

    If I go accross to Open Files there's another huge list about 15 to 25 of things.

    I've got SimWorks Anti-Virus instaled and that shows the phones clean after a scan.

    This is Your phone system prosseses. It's impossible to close them, or You will have probems.
    Everything is ok!

  9. #9
    twr7cx's Avatar
    twr7cx is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Howrah Heights, Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by farsh2002
    This is Your phone system prosseses. It's impossible to close them, or You will have probems.
    Everything is ok!
    Should I list the open files?

  10. #10
    farsh2002's Avatar
    farsh2002 is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    RUSSIA
    Posts
    1,736
    Quote Originally Posted by twr7cx
    Should I list the open files?
    No.


    Most of them are 0k or 5-100k (Don't close them)
    In AppMan Free memory is 8,5 - 9,3M.
    If Running app is AppMan, Menu C:Menu and Phone (and maybe some other app (Log Phone book)) it's ok!

  11. #11
    twr7cx's Avatar
    twr7cx is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Howrah Heights, Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by farsh2002
    No.


    Most of them are 0k or 5-100k (Don't close them)
    In AppMan Free memory is 8,5 - 9,3M.
    If Running app is AppMan, Menu C:Menu and Phone (and maybe some other app (Log Phone book)) it's ok!
    So how come my batteries not lasting as long as it used to. I've tried 3 batteries now all the same (2 genuine Nokias and one fake).

  12. #12
    orfe is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    77
    you must have a virus!!do you have an antivirus like Fsecure?

  13. #13
    twr7cx's Avatar
    twr7cx is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Howrah Heights, Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by orfe
    you must have a virus!!do you have an antivirus like Fsecure?
    Sure do, have SimWorks Anti-Virus, no virus found after numerous scans .

  14. #14
    farsh2002's Avatar
    farsh2002 is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    RUSSIA
    Posts
    1,736

    (-:

    There is no virus in Your phone!
    Ewerything is ok!

    Most Symbian owners have this probem.
    You have big screen, Symbian soft .... and You want 1 week battery?

    Read this

    GoodLuck

  15. #15
    marklloydbinar's Avatar
    marklloydbinar is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    233
    Its natural mate, i see you are active using your phone, always explore it, and play everytime around on it (as i see on your phone system process). I also encountered a short battery life especially when i do more on my phone. As i say, try to evaluate your phone, put it on standby mode (dont often use apps on your phone etc.) and observe how long your phones battery life. Sacrifice for one day not playing around your phone to observe its battery life... Good day to all.

  16. #16
    twr7cx's Avatar
    twr7cx is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Howrah Heights, Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by farsh2002
    Most Symbian owners have this probem.
    You have big screen, Symbian soft .... and You want 1 week battery?
    Not 1 week, but more than 24 hours. I did a test, restarted my phone, fully charged it and then left it. It was dead flat in 30 hours, thats with no use, just standby, no phonecalls or messages. That's a tad poor don't you think? I think it might be time for an upgrade soon as I've run out of MMC room too and I don't want to buy a big exxy MMC only to find my next phone has RS-MMC and can't use it!
    when I first got the phone (second hand almost a year ago) it last longer. ah well, see how I go.
    Last edited by twr7cx; 16-07-2005 at 07:36 AM.

  17. #17
    farsh2002's Avatar
    farsh2002 is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    RUSSIA
    Posts
    1,736
    Set Your screenlight to minimum and screensaver start 1 minute.
    Also try to use phone without MMC (one day just to check)

    GoodLuck

  18. #18
    cokecan722's Avatar
    cokecan722 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    435
    i noticed in another thread by you that you said you had a screen saver calander thing. if thats animated in anyway then it will drain your battery like pouring water into a bucket with no bottom in

  19. #19
    mnUnm is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2
    I also hd problems with this battery time on 6230.
    I found out that a big memorycard was making the problem... Nokia says how mutch memory they can have on each phone..
    I put in my original 32 Mb. chip, and got plenty of time , battery last a week...

    Can it be that you have a big memory that is sucking power ???

    Just a hint...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. new ftp for series 60
    By imilisic in forum Links
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 17-11-2011, 03:28 AM
  2. 6600 not working, number 2 under battery strenght, help
    By ifa in forum Nokia Symbian General forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-04-2005, 09:16 PM
  3. 6600 and bl-6c battery
    By limp-jaffa-cake in forum Nokia Symbian General forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-01-2005, 12:25 PM
  4. New Products List
    By fonenightmare in forum Sales
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-04-2003, 10:24 AM
  5. c 35 Draining battery
    By shompe in forum Siemens
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2003, 02:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0