Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Example on modifying length of text strings in PPM

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Tunisia
    Posts
    153
    Hei MTL Great job!
    Can you learn me more about
    "Start address of PPM-blocks, sub-blocks & end-incicators of PPM-block must be
    aligned in modulo 4."
    especially about adresses and is it possible to add languages to a ppm??

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Tunisia
    Posts
    153
    I can add a language to text block ?? or another block

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Tunisia
    Posts
    153
    ive tried to delete a language from a ppm (5110 v530 A(germ lng))
    i've deleted the german entry from text block and from Aord block
    but i got a Contact service!
    can you help me to do this

  6. #6
    "Contact service" allways means some kind of checksum error.
    Either checksum isn't correct, or there is something wrong with PPM structure-> (phone is unable calculate checksum).

    I assume that you have calculated new checksums, so I belive it's structure error.
    Did you fix the length bytes of TEXT- & AORD-blocks after deleting entries?


    I attached TEXT- & AORD-block where german entries are removed.
    I tested these blocks with my phone and worked fine.

    Please compare the modifications you made to remove language from PPM, to modifications done in these files
    to find out what went wrong.

    (Adding new language sub-blocks can be done in same way as deleting the original sub-blocks)

    MTL

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    481

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Tunisia
    Posts
    153
    i' ve deleted the german language and fixed block length and checksum
    when i stared the phone i've got a blanc screen???
    what can i do

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    481
    @MTL: Forgot something, I just replace the character with same lenght and I was updated FAID too with eepromtool by b-phreaks because I don't have mbus cable for 3310 to running nk_calc.

    So, What must I do to get the signal again and my phone dosen't resets anymore?

    BR,
    Iccang
    =====

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Tunisia
    Posts
    153
    i forgot something!!
    i can access menu put numbers but i dont have language!!
    and also no signal after calc AuthorityID

  11. #11
    Hi Mehdi and Iccang!

    It's hard to tell why it doesn't work, since I don't know the exact modification
    you have done in PPM.

    If it's ok, please post whole PPM section (MCU / EEPROM not needed) of your
    modified flash on this board, and I'll check them out.


    Btw. if you are using nk_calc or 'Eeprom Tools V3.0' to calculate FAID for modified PPM, Flash-CHK at the end of flash-file should be recalculated or incorrect FAID is written in EEPROM
    NFRee can calculate Flash-CHK, but it can't write it on flash-file. You need to use HEX-editor to do this.

    (With BOX you can automacally calculate new Flash-CHK when flashing)
    If you don't want to update Flash-CHK, Logger/Logfile-calculator allso works without updating Flash-CHK

    MTL

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Tunisia
    Posts
    153
    How can i calculate flash chk with nfree ??

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Tunisia
    Posts
    153
    this is a modified flash with checksum calculated!!
    but dont work (no network and no chars)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    481
    Hi MTL

    This is my modify file...

    I just overwrite "Masukkan.Kartu SIM" with "Pantama'.kartunu!!" and I was change the byte that pointed by ppm_fixed. And I was recalc with nfree. so, I flashed it to phone and make recalc FAID, but you know... Failed, no network and resets..

    BR,
    Iccang
    ======

  15. #15
    Hi mehdi!

    Here's the repaired version of the flash file you posted.

    There was an error in PPM structure, I re-aligned the start offset of english sub-block,
    recalculated checksum of TEXT-block.

    I tested this and works now wery well.


    This is wery important:
    When updating phone with modified flash-file, FAID CANNOT be calculated with NK_CALC or 'EEPROM Tools V3.0'.
    'B-phreaks logger' & 'B-Phreaks log calculator' combination works perfectly with modified flashes.

    MTL

  16. #16
    Hi Iccang!

    Thanks, I'll try to check this flash-file tonight.
    I'll post results as soon as I can.

    MTL

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Tunisia
    Posts
    153
    'B-phreaks logger' & 'B-Phreaks log calculator' combination works perfectly !!!
    what bersion of B-phreaks logger
    and the version of B-Phreaks log calculator by Tek ??

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Tunisia
    Posts
    153

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •