Thread: have any of you guys heard of GHOST NUMBERS?

have any of you guys heard of GHOST NUMBERS?

have any of you guys heard of ghost numbers? what do you think about them? in my opinion they are the easiest way to get free service.

Its been arround since the earliest days of cell phones. I'm surprised it still works anywhere. It definately doesn't work where I live because the equipment got upgraded when people were doing tumbling.

yes it is qute old. where are you from?

what u want??

what are you talking about

nokia 5165

hey guys how are you? i was wondering how do i get the ghost number? i heard you have to scan for the phone number, and if phone number doesn't match esn of your fone it won't work. PLs could soneone help me out with this problem?

basically for a ghost number you have to program your nam to random out of state numbers. In theory a ghost number is a number that is of an actual subscriber but is far enough out of your area where your local MTSO cannot look up the esn to check to see if it matches the nam data. It doesnt work most places because of better conectivity among carriers and equipment set to deny the call if the esn cant be verified.

hey thanks for replying to my message. i was wondering how can i test it if it works or not? can u please give me a step by step instructions please?

well its actually common sense stuff you should be able to figure out:

1. Program nam to a area code and prefix that exists at another state's wireless company.
    2. dial number

if it goes through then obviously you have a ghost number.
    if you find one you can narrow your search later by finding out which wireless company the number belongs to and if its on the same side as your company (ie. a or b). I cant really tell you much more as this doesnt work here so I cant test it.

Ghost GSM?

Can you ghost numbers for GSM service, i want it to show up a different number when i call and if so will is show up different on the other persons bill who i am calling or will it just be on the caller ID?

Thread Information