Thread: 7650 + IR via palm

Question 7650 + IR via palm

Hiya all

Ok i have been trying to download various .SIS files and applications off wap with my 7650 - no joy

i even host the files on my home pc and have a web server running but still no luck - ah well...

I have a palm m515 and can happily beam things from it to my fone - but obviously the fone doesnt recognise the palm apps, what im interested in sinse i dont have a IR port for my PC is how can i sync 7650 SIS files onto my palm so then using my palm i can then beam them to my phone

Sorry its a tidgey off topic but concerns my 7650 so shud be ok

thanks for reading - any help very greatful

Tar very much
    Mike

That is why Palm suck. It only accepts it's own crap .prc and .pdb files...

I have a Palm m515 myself, but i just recently got a Dell Axim Pocket PC, which is much cooler (can send pictures from phone, and watch it on the PDA for instance).

But to answere your question, i think there is an application which makes it possible to store and beam other files on your Palm. Can't remember the name, but a search on google or tucows might find it.

Cheers for the reply mate

Ive searched EVERYWHERE around net - tucows is good cheers but to no avail i have no idea what the program must be called

If anyone knows..... ????

Chers
    Mike

When I run a .sis on my pc I find a nokia program runs and seems to decompress it and beam it over IR. I think the sis is just a zip like package

John

aye yes pc suite will beam it over IR if you have IR on your pc
    i dont and would like to (if possible) put the SIS files on my palm and beam FROm my palm to my 7650

not having much luck
    may be forced to buy a usb IR fingy

Mike

I'd just buy the IR widget. Saves so much time and effort. Most dont work so it should be fun, i gave up and just use my laptop. Buying a laptop should do the job.

John

aye makes sense cheers guys for the info

think i may go ahead and buy an ir adapter or bluetooth if im felling generous

Mike

Thread Information