Thread: cant unlock 3510....help!!

cant unlock 3510....help!!

bought a 3510 the pther day and already had the software etc on my comp so connected the cable and battery...but when i then try to turn on the phone it doesnt turn on...as if its not connecting properly!

Anyone got any ideas for solutions?

Cheers

yes...
    press the cable on the phone...it will power on...if u try harder
    Bau !

ok, i was being silly!!!

still got a problem thou, cable and battery...opened techtron tool, turned phone on (says insert sim) and clicked unlock.

The phone then turns off and the program says phone didnt answer!

What am i doing wrong?!!!

the program tries to put the phone in test mode, for unlocking...
    just keep a tight hand on the cable.

if the program can;t put the phone into test mode, use star wars program for this - is on the forum somewhere - and unlock after with jic unloker.
    Bau !

TechTron Tweak use Mbus cable only.

jis uses mbus only and this is why u need star wars to put the phone into test mode if u use jic and have f/mbus cable...
    i use autoswitch fmbus on techtron and all is ok
    Bau !

ok. i now keep getting the msg "couldnt find a dongle!" firstly, whats this mean?! and secondly what do i do to sort it?!!

thanx for all ur help guys!

i always seem to have the problem that, when using any of the different software's, the phone goes into test mode and then the program says "phone not connected" or something similar like the when the phone is turned off.

Anyone got any ideas of what i need to do?!

Cheers
    Last edited by fudge0; 26-01-2003 at 06:56 PM.

use this first
    phone must be on
    Bau !

if u can't connect use this method:
    try first unlock directly with jic unlocker
    Bau !

if jic is not working from the begining:

use this program - press unlock - phone will not be unlocked, but on screen u will have test mode.
    do not disconnect phone.
    close this program and use jic for unlocking
    Bau !

here are pics for using jic unlocker and cyber unlocker

if u do not manage to unlock the phone after this...there are 2 reasons:
    faulty cable
    faulty brains

good luck
    Bau !

lol! cheers mate! its possibly a faulty cable....but im still confused as to y when using the unlocker by "[email protected]" (the one in the pics) it says "dongle not found!".

Does this mean i actually need a device to plug into the parrallel port or something or what?

Thanx for your time,

Andrew

all the software i posted there needs NO dongle to work
    Bau !

ok...this is what happens. Tried using the 1st piece of software, it puts the phone into test mode and then says "phone does not answer". Second peice of software (jic) again puts the phone into test mode and then says "cannot establish link to phone". 3rd piece of software runs and ends saying "sp set sucessful", but is still in test mode, so i ran jic again as u said, jic come up with the same message "cannot establish link up" and phone is still in test mode.

Is there any way of rebooting without removing the battery?!

Cheers

after unlocking - when techtron says sp set succefull - it means that your phone is unlocked....
    the phone will remain in test mode....after unlocking - just remove battery, insert sim and enjoy

IF IS NOT WORKING - THEN YOUR PHONE IS BANNED FROM OTHER NETWORKS
    Bau !

ok, if thats the case, is there a way round it?

nothing legal if u live in uk.
    matter closed
    Bau !

lol! bugger!!

Is it possible that the phone is unlocked to just 1800 frequency (t-mobile orange etc) and not the gsm900 frequency (o2 and vodaphone). If this was the case would the phone read the sim but not acccept the network. (i havent tried a vodaphone sim yet, im gunna get one off a mate tonite).

@fudge0

NO

When the phone is locked it is just locked to one sim card when you unlock it your remove that restriction.

It doesn't touch the freq. if it takes the SIM it is unlocked to all networks.

Thread Information