Thread: 8310 power button soldering.

8310 power button soldering.

hello der yall,
    ive soldered many 8310s but find it very tricky task, as idnt know much about soldering, usualy takes about 5-10 mins each time.

is there a type of glue i can use that when i heat it with the soldering iron it turns in to solder? like paste or soming?

any tips on doing the job faster? what tools i need?

ps: ive orderd one those stations with a soldering iron, ot air gun and tweezer solder

As far as I know there is a paste but it needs reflowed. I'll have a look through maplin and rs in the morning and post some link for you.

John

be careful with the hot air.... it damages the plastic. flux and a metcal talon handpiece with tweezer tips works well

do any of you have a source for power switches? I REALLY need one before saturday to repair a phone that someone (not me) fcuked up. If anyone, anyone at all can help please contact me.

Dave.
    one fine day in the middle of the night, two dead men got up to fight, back to back the faced oneandother drew thier swords and shot each other.

Be careful purchasing from Gordon (Excell).

Some of his stuff is okay, some is utter crap. A word of warning too; the repair equipment is complete tat and will become faulty. It is not actually up to UK spec and he shouldn't really be selling it (uk mains plugs not fitted, etc).

Furthermore, if it goes faulty within three months, he will attempt repair himself. Over the three months and you'll find it very difficult to get it sorted, unless of course; you're a regular customer of his.

Every piece of repair equipment I purchased ended up going back (eg. Reflow kit was returned as the hot air tools handle melted!)

His 8310 pwr switches are good though

Thanks for the info, but ways only going to buy parts (switch's and stuff for him).

Hi

Verry easy to remove and refix 8310 swich(take max 1minute) ,if u have one surgecal blade..
    u need more info???contact me via icq
    ICQ# 65638237

B.R
    Last edited by GSMsurgeon(UK); 11-03-2003 at 08:42 PM.

Re: Hi

Originally posted by GSMsurgeon(UK)
    Verry easy to remove and refix 8310 swich(take max 1minute) ,if u have one surgecal blade..
    u need more info???contact me via icq
    ICQ# 65638237

B.R
    Unfortunately, I do not use ICQ.

I have a question that you or another forum member may be able to answer though...

I have an 8310 requiring a new Pwr switch. It is not a simple job though, as one of the solder pads (right hand side if viewing the switch from above) has been completely lost from the board.

With other Nokia models it has never been a problem, because there has always been a alternative point nearby to solder/link to.
    I can't find an alternative on the 8310.

Do you have an idea how I can get around this? Any help greatly appreciated!!!

Richard,

I am Gordon of Excell Direct.

There are two side to all stories, now you have had your say in public and your refund before you posted this message. Please move on with your life and let me get on with mine.

Gordon Peel
    Excell Direct
    www.excelldirect.co.uk

Originally posted by RFJ
    Be careful purchasing from Gordon (Excell).

Some of his stuff is okay, some is utter crap. A word of warning too; the repair equipment is complete tat and will become faulty. It is not actually up to UK spec and he shouldn't really be selling it (uk mains plugs not fitted, etc).

Furthermore, if it goes faulty within three months, he will attempt repair himself. Over the three months and you'll find it very difficult to get it sorted, unless of course; you're a regular customer of his.

Every piece of repair equipment I purchased ended up going back (eg. Reflow kit was returned as the hot air tools handle melted!)

His 8310 pwr switches are good though

I thought my post very fair Gordon, under the circumstances.

The best way to silence unhappy customers is to be a fair trader, that way you don't get unhappy customers to silence.

I am amazed that you have the cheek to post in this thread, tbh, given that there is no second side to this particular story. I don't think you really want to get into this Gordon. I suggest you crawl back under your rock.

Rick

Richard (not Rick).

We will see......

Solder pads

Hi there.

With regards to your problem with one of the pads coming off the main board.
    I usually tackle this problem by following any visible tracks from the pad. If there is one use a fine scalpel to scrape away the plastic revealing the copper track. Solder to that and it should work fine.

Hope that helps.

Chris.

Thread Information